After reading some of the bios, I feel like I'm standing in the middle of the room at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting introducing myself.
I'm Bill Marshall, aka drgondog in other forums. My father was my inspiration in all things academic and sports. As an Air Force Brat of a Mustang ace and camp follower from the end of WWII till he passed away, fighter aviation has been the shiny beacon distracting me from worldly distractions.
While I stumbled through BS and MS in Aerospace Engineering, I toiled in Structures, Performance, some Aero and CAD/CAM at Bell, Vought and GE. I escaped the airframe design biz, briefly at GE as project engineer on AFCAM during the mid 70s - but attained orbital velocity away from airframes with EDS and then full blown IT acolyte in Information Services and Consulting, finishing up at Oracle in the early 2000's. I was seduced by computer software and apps and might be remembered by someone at Bell to be the first to model a Bell airframe (AH-1 Iranian Cobra) in NASTRAN and have accepted by USA. After that it was full blown business systems integration and offshore development centers.
I am a major historical nerd relative to AAF airpower growth from early 1930s through Vietnam and feel somewhat knowledgable in all things 8th AF.
Several of my books have made their way to print, most notable "P-51B Mustang; North American's Bastard Stepchild That Saved Eighth AF", co-authored with Lowell Ford (hyperbole to be sure, but hey - I was in sales!), and "Our Might Always: History of the 355th FG in World War II".
On the personal life side of the ledger my wife, and partner for 40 years, breed and Raise Irish Wolfhounds on 10 acres in E.Texas, hunt and fish in the Americas and UK and Spain, and shoot competitively (much less today) in Interernational Skeet, Helice and Flyers.
Love my kids and grandkids, three former Marines in the litters.
I enjoy this forum