Introduce Yourself

Hello everyone,
I'm just someone with an interest in military aviation and naval projects, especially the "what-if" ones. Other than that, I'm just a university student from Indonesia. I hope I can learn even more about planes and ships.

Good afternoon to the Group ! Im 73 living here in East Texas. I can truly claim to be a Mac Brat as Dad worked for Mr McDonnell for 40 years 47-87. So grew up in the St Louis county area and many time we would go out to pick up Dad at work and see Demons to Voodoos to F-4s and so on lined up outside of assembly building. Went to Pattonville High school which was right along the flight path from Lambert Field and had the experience of flights of F-4s taking off right over the high school that when they did all classroom teaching halted as you couldnt hear anything else !
Small world.
I am a bit younger than you are, but well remember Lambert before the expansion. Back in the early 80's, my employer purchased a DC-3 from a DHL subsidiary that was using the old wooden Flying Tigers hangar that once right between the Old Passenger Terminal and Mac's factory on Banshee Road. As we worked on the old bird parked in the corner there were rows of brand new F-15s sitting under canopies almost close enough to touch through the hurricane fence.
recall walking out on the open deck at Lambert to watch the prop planes take off and feel the wash from their blades, they closed it off once the jet traffic started because the exhaust blast blew folks over and pelted with gravel !

Hello gang,

I'm Ernie and I'm 53 years of age. I've been a big fan of this forum for years. I worked as an engineer in aerospace for a number years, but now I take it easy as a robotics and automation instructor. I've always had a fascination with aircraft and real space stuff, especially the odd ball and obscure prototypes and one-offs. Every time I was doing research on an obscure subject, I would always end up here, but not being a member, I was limited to what I was able to access. I finally decided to leap over the fence and join this excellent community and am really looking forward to learn and even possibly contribute some day.

Thanks Again,
Ernie A in Texas

Hello!

I am Ashayar, 38 this year, French, DCS World nano streamer, and electronician (I love tubes <3 ), with a big interest in planes, specially the soviet ones. Don't ask, I don't know myself, I just love them :) (and the Rafale of course ;) )
And as an electronician working in hyperfrequencies, I have a big interest in radars (but I am by no mean an expert!)

Have a nice day!

Ashayar

Cześć,
Jestem DarekW z Polski. Interesuję się historią lotnictwa, modelarstwem kartonowym i RC oraz modelarstwem i drukiem 3D. Szczególnie pasjonuje Cię tzw. złoty wiek lotnictwa i II wojna światowa.
Pokażę Wam mój model samolotu PZL P28, który ostatecznie nie powstał. Myśliwiec ten został zaprojektowany dla Jugosławii we współpracy z francuskim producentem silników Lorraine. Od tego czasu Jugosławia wybrała brytyjskiego Hawker Furry.

Hi,
I am DarekW from Poland. I am interested in the history of aviation, cardboard and RC modeling, as well as modeling and 3D printing. You are particularly interested in the so-called the golden age of aviation and World War II.
I will show you my model of the PZL P28 plane, which ultimately was not built. This fighter was designed for Yugoslavia in cooperation with the French engine manufacturer Lorraine. Yugoslavia has since opted for the British Hawker Furry.

Attachments

• IMG_20200810_150311.jpg
    IMG_20200810_150311.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Cześć,
Jestem DarekW z Polski. Interesuję się historią lotnictwa, modelarstwem kartonowym i RC oraz modelarstwem i drukiem 3D. Szczególnie pasjonuje Cię tzw. złoty wiek lotnictwa i II wojna światowa.
Pokażę Wam mój model samolotu PZL P28, który ostatecznie nie powstał. Myśliwiec ten został zaprojektowany dla Jugosławii we współpracy z francuskim producentem silników Lorraine. Od tego czasu Jugosławia wybrała brytyjskiego Hawker Furry.
Welcome, but this is an English language forum !!!

Cześć,
Welcome, but this is an English language forum !!!
Hi,
I am DarekW from Poland. I am interested in the history of aviation, cardboard and RC modeling, as well as modeling and 3D printing. You are particularly interested in the so-called the golden age of aviation and World War II.
I will show you my model of the PZL P28 aircraft, which ultimately was not built. This fighter was designed for Yugoslavia in cooperation with the French engine manufacturer Lorraine. Yugoslavia has since opted for the British Hawker Furry.

Attachments

• IMG_20200810_150311.jpg
    IMG_20200810_150311.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
Hello, I am David, 67 years of experimental travel and still working on it.
Long ago I was a member of an interesting machine shop or three where we worked on parts for military and space exploration projects.
Black bird, jump jets, and satellites no longer twirling around in our solar system to name a few.
Never built or saw all of anything I was working on, nothing has my name on it, but fun to be a part of some interesting things made without CNCs I'll have to add. Can't begin to imagine what we could have done if we had them.
I use CNC mills, FDM and Resin printers now along with CAD so I'm not a slave to the past.
This looked like an interesting place so I'm here to check it out.
Thank you for letting me join you.

I'm Todd, middle aged guy now. I have interest in this subject due to spotting from close range two quiet unacknowledged black triangular V/STOL aircraft in outstate Minnesota on Valentines Day 1989. I've always been interested in aviation and have a number of flightsims as well as yoke and throttle bodies for use with them. My day gig is computers, I keep my eyes in the skies and sometimes I get lucky and see something interesting.

Hi! My name is Alexander Ferdian, you can call me Ferdi. I'm from Indonesia. I have an interest with cancelled or what if projects, especially WW2 era projects and Cold War era projects, and some of 21st century projects. Other than that, i'm just an ordinary person who loves to read books and playing some games. I hope i can learn more about lesser known blueprints from around the world

A little late to this, joined last month. I am a retired US Coast Guard aviation crewman and a Commercial rated pilot. For the last few years have been slowly rebuilding a 1942 Stinson L-5, hope to get it in the air this summer. I have always been interested in experimental military aircraft and unusual/specialized craft. I currently live about 50 miles north of Tampa, Florida, US L5 Original.JPG

seems i should reintroduce myself....
hello i am a 17 year old from the USA and i have a love for automotive and aerospace as well as military.
i work in a auto shop 50+ hours a week.
my favorite military aircraft would have to be the F/A 18 Super Hornet or the F14F Tomcat.
my favorite obscure aircraft is the Vickers Valiant.
my family has had a wide history in WW1 WW2 and vietnam.
one of them was in the Battle of Leyte. the other was an M48A Patton tank gunner in Germany.
i also do automotive photography/videography

do not let my age discourage you i have a vast knowledge and am willing to learn.
all messages are welcome.

Last edited:
Hello. I am Adrian. I am a transylvanian, 50 years old. An automotive design engineer, with an interest in aviation. Beside this, i like military history. Also, cycling and mountaneering. Beside english, i speak romanian, german and french.

Hi my name is Pat Stancu. I live in Regina, SK and currently work professionally as a video game developer. I used to work in IT communications and have a degree in Electronic Systems engineering, but that was not my passion so I worked hard evenings and weekends and broke into the video game industry.

I have been working on a personal Air combat video game project and stumbled across this forum while doing research. The game will take place in the near future and have aircraft that look recognizable today but be different and more advanced. I am aiming to base the designs mostly off of gen 4 fighters since to me they look the coolest. I was looking for inspiration and all of these designs that never made it to serial are a goldmine. I am not looking to copy the designs exactly but more take parts and inspiration to form my own unique designs.

I am almost done my flight model but am having a tough time figuring out how to model supersonic flight since there seems to be a lot less resources and books on the subject compared too subsonic. I saw there was a section here for books and aircraft design so I hope I can find some help there. My goal with the flight model's is to give the feeling of flying a real aircraft but not necessarily be 100% physically accurate. It will all be based on real physics and equations but some of the numbers may be fudged with respect to the aircraft physical geometry. I'm shooting for a "simcade" experience, something like GranTurismo if anyone is familiar with it, juist with planes.

Hi my name is Pat Stancu. I live in Regina, SK and currently work professionally as a video game developer. I used to work in IT communications and have a degree in Electronic Systems engineering, but that was not my passion so I worked hard evenings and weekends and broke into the video game industry.

I have been working on a personal Air combat video game project and stumbled across this forum while doing research. The game will take place in the near future and have aircraft that look recognizable today but be different and more advanced. I am aiming to base the designs mostly off of gen 4 fighters since to me they look the coolest. I was looking for inspiration and all of these designs that never made it to serial are a goldmine. I am not looking to copy the designs exactly but more take parts and inspiration to form my own unique designs.

I am almost done my flight model but am having a tough time figuring out how to model supersonic flight since there seems to be a lot less resources and books on the subject compared too subsonic. I saw there was a section here for books and aircraft design so I hope I can find some help there. My goal with the flight model's is to give the feeling of flying a real aircraft but not necessarily be 100% physically accurate. It will all be based on real physics and equations but some of the numbers may be fudged with respect to the aircraft physical geometry. I'm shooting for a "simcade" experience, something like GranTurismo if anyone is familiar with it, juist with planes.
Hi Pat Stancu,

Nice to hear that you're a video game developer and working on a personal air combat game project. Your project looks interesting and cutting edge with specially designed planes. You have chosen a design primarily based on the 4th generation fighter and are looking for inspiration from new designs to create a series of unique designs.

This is a great approach to make the game interesting and different. I hope that you will find new inspirations and create your own unique designs to make a great game. Good luck and success in your project!

Hello, I'm Jan. I live in Czechia and I was interested in aerospace, automotive, and everything of the sort since when I was very young. I'm here to expand my knowledge about lesser known aerospace projects, especially Cold war Soviet ones, and maybe learn a bit when it comes to aerodynamics and such, although I don't know if this is the best place for that.

Hey guys,

I am fascintaed with air defense and strategic warfare. I am aware this forum is not so much for the strategic and tactical side and more for tech but that is still right down my alley.

Howdy all, just came on from North Carolina. I have recently been researching Cessna Prototypes starting with serial number 601 and stopping at 652. I was lead to this forum by this search, but I forgot which topic, so I can't reply to it.

I fly a Cessna A185F, have about 2,000 hrs logged in 180/185's

I started my list here if anyone can add to or make any corrections, feel free to contribute.

Hi all,
I'm Matej Rafael, I'm from Slovakia and I'm a student and research fellow at think-tank, my work focuses on all things aerospace, especially the theatre range missiles, air and missile defense, air power (Tactics) and tactical nuclear strike capability, plus some other things. I also am an aviation and aerospace fan since I was a child and I used to build kits and build and fly rc models (and some high-powered rockets too) as well, unfortunately I don't have as much time for that these days.
Cheers, Matej.

Greetings.

I am Nahida , 16 years of age and currently a high-school student.
I joined the forum due to my growing interest on aerospace technology and for the preparations for pursuing a degree for Aeronautical Engineering somewhere at the North.

I tend to recreate unbuilt aircraft, and have interests of Interwar aviation.

Greetings.

I am Nahida , 16 years of age and currently a high-school student.
I joined the forum due to my growing interest on aerospace technology and for the preparations for pursuing a degree for Aeronautical Engineering somewhere at the North.

I tend to recreate unbuilt aircraft, and have interests of Interwar aviation.
Welcome on board Nahida.
I wish you success in your studies.
Enjoy the forum as a source for friendship, knowledge and inspiration.

Antonio