Introduce Yourself

Hello, my name is Adam and I live in the UK. I love aviation and flight simulation. Currently I am looking to build a model of the Lockheed Constitution for Flight Simulation purposes. Looking for materials associated with the plane and anyone with knowledge about it.

Attachments

• Lockheed_XR6O-1_Constitution_3 view.png
    Lockheed_XR6O-1_Constitution_3 view.png
    848.5 KB · Views: 33
Hello

Im a 59 years old civil servant (tax related) starting to have more free time; love history and wargaming. I’m here to learn, as I see so many unusual and unknown to me proyects and weapon.

Cheers

Hello everyone! My name is Francesco Cotti, 52, from Italy. I'm a professional Microsoft IT engineer and a lifelong aviation enthusiast. As hobby and 2nd job I'm a novelist of military and aviation genre. As profile pic I chose the F-19 because, when i was a kid, that model kit was the spark for my love for the aviation world.

Hi, I'm Karl Sack. I'm doing research on my Dad's company he co-founded in 1946, Long Sault Woodcraft. His company made radomes for the military in the late 1950's on the DEW Line and Pinetree line sites across Canada. I later joined the air force as a radar tech stationed at CFS Falconbridge. My Dad worked at NRC, before leaving to start his company, during the war and worked on the experimental Tailless Glider.

Attachments

• NRC Pterodactyl 2 a.jpg
    NRC Pterodactyl 2 a.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 16
  • NRC Pterodactyl 2 b.jpg
    NRC Pterodactyl 2 b.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 14
  • NRC Pterodactyl 2 c.jpg
    NRC Pterodactyl 2 c.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 13
  • National_Post_Sat__Oct_18__1958_a_.jpg
    National_Post_Sat__Oct_18__1958_a_.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • LongSaultWoodcraft_3 (2).jpg
    LongSaultWoodcraft_3 (2).jpg
    967.1 KB · Views: 11
  • LongSaultWoodcraft_1 (2).jpg
    LongSaultWoodcraft_1 (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Hi all, I'm from Florida in the US currently working in the runway and highway safety industry. Hoping to get into the aerospace industry with a few applications out recently.

Always been a huge fan of aircraft and space and finding this site a few months ago was a gold mine to me, there are so many great resources, discussions and posts here. Looking forward to learning alot!

Hello! I’m Gideon, and I’m perennially interested in U-boat subjects, designs, Kriegsmarine ships and Tzoli. This site was really a useful resource for research I had to do for a project some time ago - there’s far too much info for me to absorb here (hahaha). I’m always on hand for anything German-related. Cheers!

Hello everyone!
I am new here and from the US. I have worked extensively in the US Army/SOCOM for the past 7 years and have since left the military for civilian pleasures. Military abandonware absolutely fascinates me and I love researching and compiling information about various historical military vehicles and collecting old military memorabilia and uniforms.

Hello, my name's Martin. I'm a Brit who moved to Normandy some time back. I am retired. Among other things I have been a researcher in radar signal processing and in communication system analysis. I find obsolete technology interesting, including obsolete electronics.
Welcome Martin! So, does radar signal processing help determine what the object is that it was bounced off of?

The answer is no/to some extent/yes...

A given radar has limited range resolution - the smallest separation between two targets at which they can still be detected as distinct objects, rather than blurring into a single apparent object. When the range resolution is much finer than the size of a target, then distinct features of the target can be resolved and it may become possible identify an object from its features.

There may be other clues as to what the object is - the strength of its radar return, the speed and direction of its movement, the dynamics of its maneuvering,...

Last edited:
Hi,
I am French and my name is Philippe Ricco.
I like projects, prototypes, flying testbeds and unusual airplanes. I have been working in Aviation domain for more than 40 years (CEV, Turboméca, Aérospatiale division Hélicoptères, Airbus and Mercury's avionics computers). I encountered various famous actors of Aviation history. I have collected materials about aviation and I share it though various magazines and books. I attach a list of my main publications.
I also help sometimes other authors to complete their illustration in magazines or books, such as the "French Secret Projects" by Jean-Christophe Carbonel, "Les avions et hydravions Loire" by Gérard Bousquet, or "Du siebel au martinet - 27 ans sous nos cocardes" by Pierre Cornu and Richard Queurty, etc.
I have seen plenty of illustrations coming from my collection in your threads. As you can see in my list, I am mainly publishing about French topics, but not only. For example, I have also published detailed stories about Bf 109H and Mc Donnel XP-67.

I try to provide time to time some complements of information when I can.

Attachments

• PhR_publications.pdf
    184 KB · Views: 15
@PhR : I have read probably 90% of the list of publications cited for Le Fana. Only good souvenirs. Welcome here.

Hi, I'm 57 and from Bristol in the UK and have a great interest in British Naval Aviation. This includes the 'what could have beens'.

The Admiralty didn't always cover themselves in glory when it came to procurement, even taking into account political meddling and limited available resources. I can't but cast a jealous eye at the USN and wonder what could have been.

I look forward to reading relevant posts and hopefully adding my pennies worth, where I feel it might add to the conversation

Greetings.

I am Nahida , 16 years of age and currently a high-school student.
I joined the forum due to my growing interest on aerospace technology and for the preparations for pursuing a degree for Aeronautical Engineering somewhere at the North.

I tend to recreate unbuilt aircraft, and have interests of Interwar aviation.
Aha, a genshin player?
By the way, I'm a college student, learning engineering, interested in military vehicles

Hello,

I'm a professional helicopter pilot (retired military) who just can't get enough flying and is getting back into home flight sims.

I am currently making my own YUH-61A virtual aircraft for X-Plane and my research led me here.

I'm very interested in all aspects of manned flight, not just helicopters, for any mission set or era. That said, Cold War military aircraft draw my attention the most.

The engineering aspects fascinate me, so much so that I subjected myself to late-in-life post-graduate work in aerospace engineering.

Hello,

I'm a professional helicopter pilot (retired military) who just can't get enough flying and is getting back into home flight sims.

I am currently making my own YUH-61A virtual aircraft for X-Plane and my research led me here.

I'm very interested in all aspects of manned flight, not just helicopters, for any mission set or era. That said, Cold War military aircraft draw my attention the most.

The engineering aspects fascinate me, so much so that I subjected myself to late-in-life post-graduate work in aerospace engineering.
It's never to late to further educate! Welcome aboard!

Hello!

I'm here to learn more about unbuilt projects and designs, partially out of curiosity and partially for some alternate history stuff I'm writing. My interests lay with the process of design and procurement for big military projects, as well as naval history, particularly the late 19th and early to mid 20th centuries.

hello I'm here to learn; I have always been open minded but also lately have been hearing more aerospace history which is really interesting because I had family history in aviation

hello I'm here to learn; I have always been open minded but also lately have been hearing more aerospace history which is really interesting because I had family history in aviation
Welcome! What family history was in aviation?

Hey guys,

My name is Phil, I'm 33 y.o. and I'm from Letchworth, England. I am a civil engineer by the trade, but very much into human space flight and exploration of another celestial bodies. Couple years ago, I've started building a space flight sim for Orbiter 2016 and started digging into nuclear propulsion systems for manned missions to Mars and beyond. Researching all those fascinating designs from 60s-70s (such as M-19, the Star raker, etc.) led me here.

Cheers!