MakPengn

ACCESS: Restricted
Joined
18 March 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
20
Hello all,

I was recently looking through Ruelle's numerical repertoire of naval gun plans and found something almost too fantastical to believe on page 11:

1753476700739.png

The years on the right side appear to indicate that the project dates back to the 1920s. Have I misread things, or is this a mistake within the document? I could not find anything about a supposed 1920s automatic 100mm naval gun. Does anyone know anything about this?
 
If it's not a mistake, then the obvious question in an English-language source would be 'do they mean automatic, or just a semi-automatic breech?' (Which the 100mm/45 Mle 30 and 33 had). But I don't know whether Mitrailleur has the same mixed usage in French.

And of course just because something was a project doesn't mean it was a project that worked.
 
Hello all,

I was recently looking through Ruelle's numerical repertoire of naval gun plans and found something almost too fantastical to believe on page 11:

View attachment 779147

The years on the right side appear to indicate that the project dates back to the 1920s. Have I misread things, or is this a mistake within the document? I could not find anything about a supposed 1920s automatic 100mm naval gun. Does anyone know anything about this?
I did some research and even went to my local library (they rent a lot of military books) but nothing states about the usage or projects for a 100mm autoloaded gun from the 20s. the earliest for such type of gun being used by the french was the 50s, so this is kinda weird.
 
Almost a year later, I have decided to revisit this topic.

Apparently, it isn't a mistake; there's a file in the SHD listed as "CANON MITRAILLEUR de 10cm contre AVIONS".

https://www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/ark/1658221

It is listed as a 1923-27 project; unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be digitized. Interestingly, it was last modified on 27/7/25, just two days after this thread was made.
 
Back
Top Bottom