Jan den Das

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
who can help me with sources who give more information/details of the CC-2000 and CC-3000.
concerning these two I found only the information that is has to do with the total power of the engines.

please real sources and not he told that he told!!!!!

Thanks

My information and conclusions.

1. CC-20/CC-2000/CC-3000
I think that some one could not read the number on the aeroplane well, its difficult to see, and makes a 2 instead of 3.
I have not find anything which proves the CC-2000 and I think we should forget it, because its a mistake (see later).

2. CC-20
Information from a G-2 report of the Military Attache of the American Embassy (later called report) of 19-12-1929.
This aeroplane was designed by General Arturo Crocco, Chief of the Enginering Division, Regia Aeronautica, assisted by Colonel Costanzi, an officer engineer of this Division. The designs were turned over to the Breda Company on the acount of their wide experience in metal constructions.
It was designed as Breda 20.

As other types mentioned as Breda and a number and no prefix and shown on the nose as Breda CC 20 and other types shows Breda Ba.15 etc., I made the following conclusion on the list of types after the Breda Ba.19 comes the Breda CC-20.

some other details from the report:
thickness of wing at fuselage 1 meter 40 cm, at tip 25 cm, to give an impression.
3x Asso 500 hp.
the armament, 8 machineguns on four positions, one behind the cockpit, one below the fuselage which can be lowered and two just beyond each outboard engine, they all have twin-machine guns.
the bombs should be carried on bombracks below the fuselage.

3. Pictures 1, 1a and 2, showed in its first form. It showed a radiator only beneath the engine and no turret.
1a gives also a good impression of the position of the bomb aimer.

4. Picture 3 gives a good impression of the new place of the radiator. picture 4 shows the changes of the nose and 5 an all impression.

5. Pictures 6 and 7 are interresting. The nose is Breda CC 20 and the radiators are still the same, but the turrets are removed and the bottom fuselage is changed and the bomb aimer place removed.

6. CC-3000. Les Ailes 24-04-1930 mentioned Breda "3.000"and later Breda C.C.-3.000. It is still powered by 3 IF Asso 500 hp (CC-2000 no other engines!!!!!!) it could be armament with 6 machine guns and one Oerlikon 20 mm, and it should have a maximum range of 3.000 km.

I THINK 3000 km and CC-3000???

But if you see pictures 8 and 9 fuselage the same as picture 6 and 7 but the radiator behind the engines smaller but beneath the engines an extra radiator.

Why all these changes?????

If this aeroplane had good performances and an inside bombbay the Regia Aeronautica had an Flying Fortress (note writer)

(sorry but I am not a big writer)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    247.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 5.gif
    5.gif
    296.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 77
Dear Jan,
where it is possible to retrieve the G-2 report of the Military Attache of the American Embassy dated 19-12-1929 ?
I consulted many sources, but the technical data about CC.20 are very scarce. For example, the wing area is unknown.
Thank you
Carlo