American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors 1945-1978

NA-257 on Valkyrie-North American's Mach 3 Superbomber, pages 58-59 (D.R. Jenkins and T.R. Landis) looks quite different...

Yep. Both canard and wing are low, has a big radar (look at the nose). It is surely an interceptor, but not from the known roster. Maybe Boeing.

Could it be the N.A.A. LRX ?

(see thread Oct.18 2006 Overscan and Tony Buttler)

I seem to recall that Tony Buttler asked for any info forum members might have about three aircraft--and pics of models of the three were shown on this forum. One of the three looked a lot like that on the cover of his book. I hope he had success in identifying them. My post wont shed any light on it.

Someone put a brake to that wheels... it's skidding ! ;D

Maybe someone can help!
I´m looking for the article from Tony Buttler in air enthusiast no. 120 - "US VFX and FX Programmes - finding the F-14 and F-15." But it is so heavy to find this volume.
My question - is the most content of this article reproduced in Tony`s book "American Secret projects"?

thanks in advance

Tony Buttler has published new updated and extended editions of several of his Secret Project books in recent years, with a Volume number on the front cover.

Is there anything known about a possible new edition of his American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors 1945-1978 book?

Tony Buttler has published new updated and extended editions of several of his Secret Project books in recent years, with a Volume number on the front cover.

Is there anything known about a possible new edition of his American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors 1945-1978 book?

The next new edition he's planning to do is American Secret Projects: Jet Bombers, possibly Fighters and Interceptors may follow.

To that end, only yesterday I began assembling all of my materials to revise American Secret Projects: Jet Bombers, which I have to deliver at the end of January 2021.

The next new edition he's planning to do is American Secret Projects: Jet Bombers, possibly Fighters and Interceptors may follow.

To that end, only yesterday I began assembling all of my materials to revise American Secret Projects: Jet Bombers, which I have to deliver at the end of January 2021.

I simply cannot wait for this book, January is not too long to wait.

I simply cannot wait for this book, January is not too long to wait.
The revised edition of American Secret Projects: Bombers, Attack, and Anti-Submarine Aircraft 1945-1974 is now available for purchase at the Crecy Publishing website. It'd be interesting to see when the revised edition of American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors 1945-1978 appears on the Crecy Publishing website.

Hi Everyone. With the discussions about ASP this morning, thought I had better give you all an update.

ASP Bombers was submitted a couple of weeks ago. The update proved to be much bigger than expected and in the end I have exceeded both my word and illustration limits. I have even taken out some of the smaller ASW projects to help keep things under control and balanced. There are quite a few Martin drawings for example, courtesy of the Martin Museum, but once again so many folk have helped out here! I am very happy with the result - hope you will be too.

And I am thrilled with Dan's cover illustration showing the N-31.

A revision of ASP Fighters is also still planned. I may have said before that 'Early US Jet Fighters' has to be considered here, which was produced before we decided to revamp the Secret Projects series as a whole. At the moment I have nothing new for the period covered by Early US Jet Fighters, but a lot of new stuff for the 1950s. So I might start the second edition at 1950, but that has to be agreed with Crecy. There are a few fighter projects for WW2, but those may be able to go in a non-projects WW2 book I also have plans to do - we will see!

As ever, thanks for all of your support. Tony

Hi Everyone. With the discussions about ASP this morning, thought I had better give you all an update.

ASP Bombers was submitted a couple of weeks ago. The update proved to be much bigger than expected and in the end I have exceeded both my word and illustration limits. I have even taken out some of the smaller ASW projects to help keep things under control and balanced. There are quite a few Martin drawings for example, courtesy of the Martin Museum, but once again so many folk have helped out here! I am very happy with the result - hope you will be too.

And I am thrilled with Dan's cover illustration showing the N-31.

A revision of ASP Fighters is also still planned. I may have said before that 'Early US Jet Fighters' has to be considered here, which was produced before we decided to revamp the Secret Projects series as a whole. At the moment I have nothing new for the period covered by Early US Jet Fighters, but a lot of new stuff for the 1950s. So I might start the second edition at 1950, but that has to be agreed with Crecy. There are a few fighter projects for WW2, but those may be able to go in a non-projects WW2 book I also have plans to do - we will see!

As ever, thanks for all of your support. Tony
We are 15 months further now. Any news on the planned new edition of ASP Fighters ?
Will it start at 1945 or 1950 ?
Will it end at 1978 or later ?
Hope it will be as beautiful and thick as ASP4 Bombers.