• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors 1945-1978

Antonio

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Staff member
Reaction score
NA-257 on Valkyrie-North American's Mach 3 Superbomber, pages 58-59 (D.R. Jenkins and T.R. Landis) looks quite different...

Skybolt

Reaction score
Yep. Both canard and wing are low, has a big radar (look at the nose). It is surely an interceptor, but not from the known roster. Maybe Boeing.

lark

Reaction score
Could it be the N.A.A. LRX ?

(see thread Oct.18 2006 Overscan and Tony Buttler)

elider

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
I seem to recall that Tony Buttler asked for any info forum members might have about three aircraft--and pics of models of the three were shown on this forum. One of the three looked a lot like that on the cover of his book. I hope he had success in identifying them. My post wont shed any light on it.

Skybolt

Reaction score
Uh, slipped again: end of November, now... :mad:

Skybolt

Reaction score
Someone put a brake to that wheels... it's skidding ! ;D

Harry64

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help!
I´m looking for the article from Tony Buttler in air enthusiast no. 120 - "US VFX and FX Programmes - finding the F-14 and F-15." But it is so heavy to find this volume.
My question - is the most content of this article reproduced in Tony`s book "American Secret projects"?

thanks in advance

Dagger

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
Tony Buttler has published new updated and extended editions of several of his Secret Project books in recent years, with a Volume number on the front cover.

Is there anything known about a possible new edition of his American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors 1945-1978 book?

A Tentative Fleet Plan

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Tony Buttler has published new updated and extended editions of several of his Secret Project books in recent years, with a Volume number on the front cover.

Is there anything known about a possible new edition of his American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors 1945-1978 book?

The next new edition he's planning to do is American Secret Projects: Jet Bombers, possibly Fighters and Interceptors may follow.

To that end, only yesterday I began assembling all of my materials to revise American Secret Projects: Jet Bombers, which I have to deliver at the end of January 2021.

FighterJock

Reaction score

The next new edition he's planning to do is American Secret Projects: Jet Bombers, possibly Fighters and Interceptors may follow.

To that end, only yesterday I began assembling all of my materials to revise American Secret Projects: Jet Bombers, which I have to deliver at the end of January 2021.

I simply cannot wait for this book, January is not too long to wait.