Vought V-1100 fighter to LWF specification

I was fortunate enough to meet the daughter of the famed Dallas-based model maker "Brownie" a few weeks back at our local museum where she donated a lot of his work for display. Brownie had worked at the Vought model shop back in THE day, and after retirement, he continued to do his own work for Bell Helicopters as well as other Texas-based manufacturers. I knew of him from some of the Bell Heli's I had collected over the years that were outstanding, and always have been on the prowl for more. I was lucky to get a couple of unfinished models, one of which was this ultra rare V-1100. I was thrilled and immediately commenced repairing it (it was a reject) and finishing it to my liking. As there were so few models out there (I know of 1 in a friends collection that is silver) and one at Vought that is in a camo as seen here in this forum, but I thought, well since this was a LWF design, and I always loved the Blue/White YF-16............................. Soooooooooo here you go!

Oh, I also used the same type of base that the V-1000 made by Precise Models had utilized. BTW, the model was gifted to me as that blank and now resides in my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_3087.jpg
    IMG_3087.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3086.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Awesome donation and work allysonca