USS United States (CVA-58)

I was on a Discord server and the topic of the Gibbs and Cox "60,000-ton monster" came up. I remarked how much I wanted to get my hands on Spring Styles Book 4. The guy I was talking to has a buddy who paid to have the entire book scanned, and he passed it off to me. With his permission, I uploaded it to my Drive and am trying to pass it around to relevant sites. Without further ado, here is the complete Spring Styles 4 collection: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11_r4L-sMoiXH6aaSEbhLsOmzHfZGD9cq?usp=sharing
Did you? I can only find these, which were scanned by someone, not the ones from the FOIA request?

That's not what I meant. I filed a FOIA for the images and posted them here about a year ago.
Having checked you post here and compared those scans with the Wikimedia images its clear that A Tentative Fleet Plan has done exactly what he has said he has done, posted the CVB-X scan from your post and the others are from Wikipedia Commons which were uploaded in 2016.
So let's have no dramas here please.

I did have some fun today and decided to check the relative dimensions of the only "official" image of CVA-58 (according to Friedman) and see if it matched the earlier studies. I just drew out the flight deck so far:
1692282045295.png
Interesting conclusions:
- The OA and WL beam are near perfect in relation to each other (125 WL, 190 OA). However, that leaves way too little space for the elevators to fit in, which ends up with them looking rather more rectangular then they should be according to the earlier plans and dimensions in Friedman.
- The 3 and 4 catapults are a lot further forwards then they are on the earlier plans.
- The funnels appear to be close to amidships, where I would expect them to be.

In my opinion, it seems as if the artist had information on the layout of the real ship and the dimensions but did not draw this directly from a plan. That said, the 3 elevators that are 52 feet wide on a hull that is 125 feet wide at the waterline means those OA dimensions cannot be accurate for a final design with fixed funnels which stick out further then the elevators.