USN VFX Competition (Alternatives to the F-14)

I think that the wing should be swpet in its most angled position and then only the tailplane folded (up look the way it really should according to the model plastic cuttings).

For some reason I missed this particular forum and I would have sworn that I had posted it. Anywho.... I was able to obtain 2 of these beauties thru much breath holding and whining from a good friend who found the original box of 3 in a local hobby shop! A bit small for my liking but a joy to just hold and fondle none the less.

Attachments

• IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2509.jpg
    IMG_2509.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2508.jpg
    IMG_2508.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 106
  • RN VFX 1 (1).jpg
    RN VFX 1 (1).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Vought VFX Models 03.jpg
    Vought VFX Models 03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • Vought VFX Models 01.jpg
    Vought VFX Models 01.jpg
    587.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
For some reason I missed this particular forum and I would have sworn that I had posted it. Anywho.... I was able to obtain 2 of these beauties thru much breath holding and whining for a good friend who found the box of 3 in a local hobby shop! A bit small for my liking but a joy to just hold and fondle none the less.
What a score!!!

This fantastic trio was indeed shared in the specific V-505/V-507 thread, but that's always a pleasure to see it.

Since F-111B had the big single vertical tail, its logical they worked from single to twins. But that last model from flateric with a low wing would have been problematic for loading stores if you intended to eventually add bombs. Might have made loading Pheonix, Sparrow, and Sidewinders easier when manual loading was still the mode.

Since F-111B had the big single vertical tail, its logical they worked from single to twins. But that last model from flateric with a low wing would have been problematic for loading stores if you intended to eventually add bombs. Might have made loading Pheonix, Sparrow, and Sidewinders easier when manual loading was still the mode.
While I don't think anyone was manually loading 1000lbs worth of Phoenix, manual loading of Sparrows and especially Sidewinders lasted until the early 1990s. I mean, a Sidewinder is a 3-man lift on a bad day, a Sparrow closer to 6.

Back
Top Bottom