ConnieTheTomcat

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I'm looking for General Dynamics' entry into the Navy's VFX program, I found info on the 303, 225, and the 507 but I can't seem to find anything on General Dynamics. From what I've read on the internet it seems to be a smaller version of the failed F-111B with a large folding vertical stabilizer. If I could get diagrams and pictures it would be great - as well as any information on its development.

You are looking for the Convair Model 44.

The general VFX topic has some images. If you want more on the Model 44, you should obtain Tony Buttler's American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors, 1945-1978. Its out of print, but there will be a revised edition printed in the future.

vfx-gd-model-44_3-jpg.5077

vfx-gd-model-44_2-jpg.5075

vfx-gd-model-44_1-jpg.5073

model-44-a-jpg.73767

convair-vfx-jpg.205437

convair-model-44-vfx-jpg.319551

Last edited:

The general VFX topic has some images. If you want more on the Model 44, you should obtain Tony Buttler's American Secret Projects: Fighters and Interceptors, 1945-1978. Its out of print, but there will be a revised edition printed in the future.
Thanks, it feels criminal to find all this information for free

Thanks, it feels criminal to find all this information for free
Well if you really feel like it, you can donate to the forum maintenance fund :)