Supermarine Spitfire proposal

leaded50

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Im unsure of number designation on this design proposal from Supermarine 1942 with the Sabre engine. Spitfire No 2? . Lovely lines on the plane, and couldnt keep fingers away to build another RC model. Some changes in insignia/markings, to easier see in air though, and still awaiting for the electric motor in mail. 800mm wingspan.

DSC_0671.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0670.JPG
    DSC_0670.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0672.JPG
    DSC_0672.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 46
There were a couple Supermarine proposals for a Sabre engined more or less point defense interceptor. There are a couple 3 views in Morgan & Shacklady. They're not Spitfires as such, and I'm not sure if they even reached the stage of a 3xx type number.

There were a couple Supermarine proposals for a Sabre engined more or less point defense interceptor. There are a couple 3 views in Morgan & Shacklady. They're not Spitfires as such, and I'm not sure if they even reached the stage of a 3xx type number.
yeah, i saw the one with V-tail too (type 338) (gonna be a later build? ;) ) agree, they are not listed as Spitfire... but i think they could been kept the heritage further..