Supermarine 4040 - Ebook

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

I found this Ebook ;
Supermarine 4040-United Kingdom 1950's Cold War Era Vertical Take-off & Landing Design Project

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 25
As the title itself is incorrect I wouldn't expect much from this

Our discussion on the Technical Office note 4040 by Alan Clifton is here
It is a brief note written in 1944 to demonstrate that vertical flight was feasible with 2500hp Griffon driving an eight-blade contraprop. Not a project, not even really a concept.

I seriously doubt that David Myhra Phd actually exists. There are many ebooks out there with his name on, this one just says A Pamphlet of Digital Images, probably all taken from here and Facebook.

Last edited:
;)
A one-star rating on Amazon
I expected more than just 7 pictures - I know it is described as a pamplet of images, but some information in the aircraft would have been nice. The artist should be credited on the cover, I fail to see much of a contribution by the listed author.
Just a scam :D:D:D

As the title itself is incorrect I wouldn't expect much from this

Our discussion on the Technical Office note 4040 by Alan Clifton is here
It is a brief note written in 1944 to demonstrate that vertical flight was feasible with 2500hp Griffon driving an eight-blade contraprop. Not a project, not even really a concept.

I seriously doubt that David Myhra Phd actually exists. There are many ebooks out there with his name on, this one just says A Pamphlet of Digital Images, probably all taken from here and Facebook.
Not this guy, then? https://sandiegoairandspace.org/blo...bstantial-library-of-noted-author-david-myhra

Good point. I rather hope it is someone using his name as this pamphlet is hardly the standard one would expect from a noted author. Erroneous title, no text and only seven images, apparently.

Yes, but it is a 1944 schematic concept, never a project and nothing to do with the 1950s, Cold War and USSR. If he cannot get even that right what is the point of the pamphlet? Just an excuse to con people out of money for small collection of dodgy 'what-if' digital pictures. Do you need a PhD for that?

No, you do however get an advantage from the order and spacing of certain upper and lower case letters to hoodwink people into believing 'Doris', a 45 year old bricklayer with a leather fetish and spurs on his booties, is actually worth listening to and sending money. SImple really, I have changed names to keep real life members of the public safe. Be careful folks.