Standard Missile projects.

Anyone ever hid a warhead in a nose-cone hoping to be ignored? For larger missiles.
“Hmmm that contact is on a trajectory towards our airbase should we intercept it?”

“Nah, it’s just a nosecone.”

I don’t know if this has specifically been done but pen aids are fairly common with even smaller systems like Iskander deploying small rf decoys. The question of employment depends on how much spare throw/maneuvering bus weight you have.

There’s some fantastically complex pen-aid schemes in existence almost none of which we know anything more than rough outlines of.

RF penaids like those carried by the SS-26 Stone wouldn't against the SM-3's EKV as it uses a two-colour IIR seeker not an RF-seeker.
They wouldn’t but to my knowledge they’re also only for terminal stage though solely RF decoys could mess with cuing.

It’s a moot point because I don’t think the 9K720 has an apogee above the minimum SM-3 engagement altitude.

Something that occurred earlier today is that there's already been an opportunity for the USN to combat test the SM-3 Block-II and that's in the Red Sea intercepting ballistic missiles launched by Houthi terrorists.

Something that occurred earlier today is that there's already been an opportunity for the USN to combat test the SM-3 Block-II and that's in the Red Sea intercepting ballistic missiles launched by Houthi terrorists.
Those are far shorter range than the missiles Iran used in their attack. As such, if they ever do enter SM-3 engagement envelopes, cuing in time to hit them would be difficult.

Terminal interception is about all you can realistically do in that situation on the BMD side.

You wouldn't waste an SM-3 on that sky trash.

Those are probably too low of an altitude for SM-3 even if it was desirable. SM-6 apparently has been used there.