• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Secret Projects of the Luftwaffe

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
A couple new books are on pre-order at Amazon.co.uk:

It'd be interesting to see if those volumes contain some new info regarding well-known Nazi-era rocket and jet fighter and jet bomber projects.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
I'm sure Dan can enlighten us given he is an active member of the forum.;)

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are compiled from Dan's bookazines with a sprinkling of extra stuff.

newsdeskdan said:
Secret Projects of the Luftwaffe: Jet Fighters and Secret Projects of the Luftwaffe: Bombers will include content from across my Luftwaffe: Secret series, plus some previously unpublished images, in order to tell the full story of jet fighter and bomber development, respectively, in Nazi Germany.

Last edited:

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
I told the story of jet fighters in Luftwaffe: Secret Jets in 2016 and bombers in 2017's Luftwaffe: Secret Bombers. I've done a lot of research since then, however (some of it scattered across subsequent volumes of the Luftwaffe: Secret series), and can now offer a much clearer picture of how aircraft intended for each role were developed. I also have previously unpublished drawings to include as you might expect. In addition, these will be hardback books, rather than magazine format bookazines.

Last edited:

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Does the volume about bomber aircraft follow the 1998 volume about the He 177 in listing the He 277 as a separate entry from the He 177B, since the He 277 was clearly a different machine from the He 177B in terms of having a bigger wingspan and Blenheim-like nose section?

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Does the volume about bomber aircraft follow the 1998 volume about the He 177 in listing the He 277 as a separate entry from the He 177B, since the He 277 was clearly a different machine from the He 177B in terms of having a bigger wingspan and Blenheim-like nose section?
From GL/C-E 2 memo Nr. 12987/43 of July 10, 1943:

04.jpg