• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Sea Ceptor - CAMM Sea Wolf replacement

DWG

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score

I actually think that the announced Albatross NG order is for a land system not a ship....got a feeling its for a Gulf customer who has seen the recent Iranian drone strikes on Saudi oil facilities and want something new to counter it...I'm thinking Kuwait...All the candidates for a ship based system either have ships that are too small, too old and near replacement or who have selected the MICA-VL recently.
If it was for a land-based system I'd expect it to be marketed as Skyguard NG or Spada NG - and Kuwait is already a Skyguard user, and a repeat customer, so it would make marketing sense to use the Skyguard name.

There's a considerable number of Aspide/Albatross systems, and Sea Sparrow, still out there.

TomS

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Another candidate user might be Qatar. They just fielded their Al Zubarah "corvettes," which are armed with 16 Sylver A50 cells with ASTER 30 (plus RAM for close-in defense). Adding CAMM-ER as an intermediate layer would be quite the force multiplier (especially if it quadpacks into Sylver).

Last edited: