SAIMAN 303

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Hi all,

at Dimensione Cielo 10 I have found a little info about the SAIMAN 303. If you have please post a drawing and technical data...

Thanks and Servus Maveric

Hi Maveric,

I think nothing called SAIMAN 303,but SAIMAN 203,because this company
had C,LB and number 200 series,and we know the Model-200,201,202,204,
205 and 208 only.

Hi all,

hesham, look at this pic. It´s from dimensione cielo 10, the aircraft is called SAIMAN 303! ;)
I believe we need help from Skybolt...

Hello Skybolt...Skybolt...Skybolt... :-*

Servus Maveric

Sorry Mav, I've just noticed your cry for help !
I'll ask the author of Dimensione Cielo 10 and come back with a definitive answer.

Uh, yes, I asked Giancarlo: he found the note on the 303 in a document, but no more.

So, in a paraphrased nutshell, what we've got is ...

The SAIMAN 303 was in an advanced construction stage. Seen as a logical successor to the SAIMAN 202 trainer, the 303 was designed by Chief Designer, Ing Mario Bottini, in the Spring of 1943 as a response to Regia Aeronautica interest in a single type for primary training (incl. Ro.41 replacement).

The 303 retained the side-by-side seating of the 202 but had a retractable undercarriage [the 202 had a fixed, spatted gear] and a 280 hp Hirth HM. 508 D inline [the 202 had a 130 hp Alfa Romeo 110]. Externally, the 303 is said to resemble the 202 but with a more elegant fuselage shape.

SAIMAN 303 construction reached the 80% complete stage - fuselage completed, motor mounts and tailplane installed in preparation for attachment of the wings.

Oh, and also mention of Sergio Stefanutti's light attack V.A.L. being constructed by SAIMAN.

Apophenia said:
So, in a paraphrased nutshell, what we've got is ...

The SAIMAN 303 was in an advanced construction stage. Seen as a logical successor to the SAIMAN 202 trainer, the 303 was designed by Chief Designer, Ing Mario Bottini, in the Spring of 1943 as a response to Regia Aeronautica interest in a single type for primary training (incl. Ro.41 replacement).

The 303 retained the side-by-side seating of the 202 but had a retractable undercarriage [the 202 had a fixed, spatted gear] and a 280 hp Hirth HM. 508 D inline [the 202 had a 130 hp Alfa Romeo 110]. Externally, the 303 is said to resemble the 202 but with a more elegant fuselage shape.

SAIMAN 303 construction reached the 80% complete stage - fuselage completed, motor mounts and tailplane installed in preparation for attachment of the wings.

Oh, and also mention of Sergio Stefanutti's light attack V.A.L. being constructed by SAIMAN.

80% complete, but no photo or drawing?

Apparently, no. It isn't a never heard thing. Think of the Re-2006, the MB-902, or the Alfa 1902, the SAIMAN VAL, etc.