Nord 1800

Sherman Tank

I don't want to change my personal text
Reaction score
As far as I understand this was a postwar jet bomber project that went through multiple different designs, but I cannot find any more details on the internet about it. Since the relevant volume of the French Secret Projects series won't be released for another month, does anyone here have details about it?

My dear Sherman
Find included all I have. No picture !

Attachments

• nord 1800.pdf
    795 KB · Views: 76
Sherman Tank said:
As far as I understand this was a postwar jet bomber project that went through multiple different designs, but I cannot find any more details on the internet about it. Since the relevant volume of the French Secret Projects series won't be released for another month, does anyone here have details about it?

Nord 1800 A : projects of 6 seats bomber with piston engines (coupled or not). Order on February 1945. Abandoned on September 45.

Nord 1800 B : projects of bomber with turboprops engines. Around 100 tons. Start of the studies : 06.10.45. End of the studies : May 1947.

Nord 1800 "C" (?) : project from Nord (without government approval) for a bomber with ATAR engines (how much ?) under the wings.

Nothing is known about the characteristics or the performances of these projects.

We must wait for the book of M. Carbonel...

toura said:
My dear Sherman
Find included all I have. No picture !
Deltafan said:
Sherman Tank said:

Nord 1800 A : projects of 6 seats bomber with piston engines (coupled or not). Order on February 1945. Abandoned on September 45.

Nord 1800 B : projects of bomber with turboprops engines. Around 100 tons. Start of the studies : 06.10.45. End of the studies : May 1947.

Nord 1800 "C" (?) : project from Nord (without government approval) for a bomber with ATAR engines (how much ?) under the wings.

Nothing is known about the characteristics or the performances of these projects.

We must wait for the book of M. Carbonel...

Thank you very much. Tantalizing information, and I hope Carbonel's book has more.

Back
Top Bottom