Me262 HG III Hs 011.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 254
  • Me262 HG III Jumo 004.jpg
    Me262 HG III Jumo 004.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 291
No my dear Richrad,

it's fake,please see;
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24821.0.html

Can I have a original drawing for the me 262 HG 1 variant please?
FzMj5qO.jpg
< picture is here

sgeorges4 said:
Can I have a original drawing for the me 262 HG 1 variant please?

Hard to find this moment,but I will search,here is some drawings.

From Messerschmitt Me.262,Warbird Rech.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 410
  • 2.png
    2.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 382
In the case of the P.1106 there may be reasons for such a layout with its underslung engine.
but it's a totally different aircraft. For the drawing with the top and side view, I agree with the
caption: It does not make sense !

Well, there is the previously mentioned possible benefit to area-ruling. Even if we set that aside, there are benefits from a very simplistic aerodynamic understanding: The cockpit is a rrelatively low density part of the airplane - moving it to the rear doesn't impact the center of gravity but does increase the drag towards the tail. This would increase the overall stability of the design, and in theory, allow a smaller set of stabilisers. Of course, the benefit would be pretty marginal and the vertical stabiliser might be rendered less effective at controlling the plane as a result. But if you are pushing for every marginal improvement and you can get away with it structurally - it might appeal - initially at least.

It is kindof a shame that it didn't appeal! I liked the HG.III/p.106 hybrid... but I suppose that fictional is fictional!

A big reason for it was to place large fuel tanks right over the CG.

An attempt to get an improved Me 262 into service as fast and cheaply as possible?

An attempt to get an improved Me 262 into service as fast and cheaply as possible?

Wind tunnel tests seem to have conclusively proven by about July 1944 that the V-tail was a mistake which would result in worse performance than the conventional tail. Similarly, the HG III had a regular cockpit rather than the lowered cockpit of the HG II because lowering the entire cockpit - including the seat, controls, dashboard, pedals etc. - took a huge amount of work and the slight reduction in drag just wasn't worth it.
So the most 'advanced' version of the Me 262, the HG III, had neither the V-tail nor the lowered cockpit. I would go out on a limb to say that any drawing you see of the HG III with either feature is inaccurate.

So the most 'advanced' version of the Me 262, the HG III, had neither the V-tail nor the lowered cockpit. I would go out on a limb to say that any drawing you see of the HG III with either feature is inaccurate.

I agree. If you push the cockpit lower, you end up forcing the retracted wheels into the slipstream. It's impossible. This is looking into the port wheel well of the RAFM's Me 262, with forward to the left. That's the bottom of the cockpit.

Attachments

• Wheel well.JPG
    Wheel well.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 156
I've seen this Me-262 variant in CGI and always thought it was one of those wacky fakes based on real planes. But then I found a comment on this site stating it was real, the thread was old and it would have been an off topic post, so I started this thread.

Anywho, can someone please explain to me it's history and if possible, share pics. One I'd really like to see is a lineart image of it, as the closest I've seen is the attached image, and it's not a good pic to go off of.
They are just improvements of the me 262, they were supposed to improve on the flaws the original had. There were 2 or 3 other variants of it, 1 was supposed to fly but didnt and the other(s) wernt built