Even Royal Air Force Museums need to be taken with a grain of salt. Note, that just a few entries down from your P 1113, they have listed the "S.15 Bubi" and "S.16 Betty" [sic].

AFAIK, the S 15 was never named - with neither type or individual aircraft name being given. But Willy Messerschmitt did apply individual aircraft names to the S 16 variants - the single-seat S 16a was dubbed 'Bubi' while the 2-seat S 16b was 'Betty'.

For the record, Willy was using some of his siblings' pet names - Bubi was his younger brother Rudolf; Betty was his youngest sister, Elisabeth Emma.

Even Royal Air Force Museums need to be taken with a grain of salt. Note, that just a few entries down from your P 1113, they have listed the "S.15 Bubi" and "S.16 Betty" [sic].

AFAIK, the S 15 was never named - with neither type or individual aircraft name being given. But Willy Messerschmitt did apply individual aircraft names to the S 16 variants - the single-seat S 16a was dubbed 'Bubi' while the 2-seat S 16b was 'Betty'.

For the record, Willy was using some of his siblings' pet names - Bubi was his younger brother Rudolf; Betty was his youngest sister, Elisabeth Emma.

The best for us is someone can visit the Museum and give all Info about P.1113 and P1116.

The best for us is someone can visit the Museum and give all Info about P.1113 and P1116.

Sure, if you assume that the RAF Museum holds original documents for every aircraft type listed.

My bet, based on their confusion between S 15 and S 16, is that they do not. (Mind you, I'm not sure why such motor-gliders might interest a foreign air force in the first place.)

Sure, if you assume that the RAF Museum holds original documents for every aircraft type listed.

My bet, based on their confusion between S 15 and S 16, is that they do not. (Mind you, I'm not sure why such motor-gliders might interest a foreign air force in the first place.)

The RAF Museum definitely does not hold original documents for every aircraft type listed. I should also say that Woldemar Voigt, head of Messerschmitt's Project Office, is on record as saying that the P 1112 was the company's last wartime project. If you see a list anywhere, in a book or on a website, which includes any numbers after 1112, I would regard that entire list with suspicion. If the list's author is willing to include such numbers, there is no guarantee that they have consulted any primary source material.

The RAF Museum definitely does not hold original documents for every aircraft type listed. I should also say that Woldemar Voigt, head of Messerschmitt's Project Office, is on record as saying that the P 1112 was the company's last wartime project. If you see a list anywhere, in a book or on a website, which includes any numbers after 1112, I would regard that entire list with suspicion. If the list's author is willing to include such numbers, there is no guarantee that they have consulted any primary source material.

My dear Dan,

how we know that,and may it was for after WWII,the only logical thing that,the record number immediately or
in late 1940 was P.1118,and as you said the last project P.1112,definitely there were P.1113,P.1114,P.1115,P.1116
and P.1117,the rational question is; what are them ?!.

My dear Dan,

how we know that,and may it was for after WWII,the only logical thing that,the record number immediately or
in late 1940 was P.1118,and as you said the last project P.1112,definitely there were P.1113,P.1114,P.1115,P.1116
and P.1117,the rational question is; what are them ?!.

During the Second World War, there was no Messerschmitt P 1113, P 1114, P 1115, P 1116, P 1117 or P 1118. No period documents exist with those project numbers on.

Messerschmitt's project numbering system was numerically chronological. Each new project got the next number in sequence, so lower project numbers appear prior to, and at the beginning of, the war. Higher project numbers appear later in the war.

But let me be absolutely clear: there was no Messerschmitt P 1113, P 1114, P 1115, P 1116, P 1117 or P 1118 during the war.

Any source which incluces those project numbers in reference to wartime projects has got it wrong.

But let me be absolutely clear: there was no Messerschmitt P 1113, P 1114, P 1115, P 1116, P 1117 or P 1118 during the war.

OK,they were from after WWII,my question is,what are them ?,I know only P.1118.