Me P.1073A

SpicyJuan

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Hi, does anybody have anything related to the Me P.1073A? I'm specifically looking for a 3-view drawing or another illustration than this:

images

The Me P.1073 was actually a two airplane type project. The Me P.1073A was a huge 128 ton transatlantic bomber with 63 meters wing span, powered with eight Jumo 223 engines. This monster was to carry 6.000kg of bombs up to 16.000km. The defensive armament included three small jet fighters with folding wings, armed with two 20mm guns. The small airplane was called Me P.1073B." https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_P.1073

Last edited:
The Me P.1073 was actually a two airplane type project. The Me P.1073A was a huge 128 ton transatlantic bomber with 63 meters wing span, powered with eight Jumo 223 engines. This monster was to carry 6.000kg of bombs up to 16.000km. The defensive armament included three small jet fighters with folding wings, armed with two 20mm guns. The small airplane was called Me P.1073B." https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_P.1073
Hi, I am asking about the 8 engine bomber.

You are right SpicyJuan,no drawing for it,but I will search.

You are right SpicyJuan,no drawing for it,but I will search.
Thank you, I have been searching in vain for years. According to Messerschmitt Geheimprojekte by Willy Radinger "Während vom Trägerflugzeug P1073 A keine Zeichnung erhalten blieb..." (While no illustration of the P1073 has survived...)

However, if there is no illustration existent, how did Dieter Herwig and Heinz Rode create their illustration of the plane (which you can see at the top of the page). Did they make it up?

However, if there is no illustration existent, how did Dieter Herwig and Heinz Rode create their illustration of the plane (which you can see at the top of the page). Did they make it up?

Don't want to be a killjoy, but they probably just extrapolated the Me 264/P.1075 variants and applied some modifications. And one of them, to my
opinion, isn't even very plausible in the shown form. The P.1073A is shown as a low wing design, but the bomb bay/bay for the paraste fighters directly
runs through the part, were quite probably the wing spars would be. Maybe that should have stayed with the high wing of the Me 264 ?