Martin Baker Twin Boom in progress

Wow Justo.
That little lot should keep me in usable emblems for quite a while.
And I will do the roundels too.

Rather than do a PR version of the Martin Baker Twin Boom, I was thinking of getting stuck into the Supermarine 313, and wondered if a 'pink' version of this would be a viable proposition instead?

Cheers and many thanks
Peter

Oh bye the way...
On the roundels please...
What is the difference/reason between the blue with white centre and the blue with light blue centre?

Many thanks.
Peter

Justo Miranda said:
Perhaps an underfuselage drop tank, to free up the wing racks.

Danger of collision with rear propeller!
[/quote]

Not if fitted with a crutch. That would also allow the use of centreline racks for bombs as well. Alternatively, it could be a fitted tank, used primarily for ferrying.

With the drop tanks. How about semi conformal ones like on a mossie, protruding from the leading edge of the booms?

Edit: I think that the dark blue, light blue roundels are british pacific theater while the bark blue white are australian ones. Both to prevent misidentification as japanese.

I think you'll find the dark blue/light blue roundels are SEAC markings while the RAAF ones were dark blue/white

hole in the ground said:
With the drop tanks. How about semi conformal ones like on a mossie, protruding from the leading edge of the booms?

Edit: I think that the dark blue, light blue roundels are british pacific theater while the bark blue white are australian ones. Both to prevent misidentification as japanese.

true

rickshaw said:
Justo Miranda said:
Perhaps an underfuselage drop tank, to free up the wing racks.

Danger of collision with rear propeller!

Not if fitted with a crutch. That would also allow the use of centreline racks for bombs as well. Alternatively, it could be a fitted tank, used primarily for ferrying.
[/quote]

not detachable ferry tank in the bomb bay is OK

And tonight's progress report...
Many thanks.

Any thoughts on the Supermarine Type313 PR?

Cheers
Peter

Attachments

• OZZMB11.jpg
    OZZMB11.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 62