Lockheed CL-1700 (AAH contender)

For those interested in this proposal, there's a brochure on eBay, ending in about 4 hours. From the one drawing, maybe even a pic of a mock-up, I've ever seen, which is all over the WWW as well, I've never figured out how it's an AH-56 derivative. The brochure, which the seller has conveniently scanned the whole thing, includes a 3 view with the specs. I printed the 3 view so I'm set. The Lord DOES work in mysterious ways. :) After seeing this 3 view, I'm even more confused as to how it's a Cheyenne derivative! Maybe it was for benefit of the government......... BTW, I have nothing to do with the auction. Just do a search for Lockheed CL-1700.

Looks like a way of using AH-56 technology bits and pieces to meet the AAH spec.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180139378059&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Attachments

• 93e2_3.JPG
    93e2_3.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,212
  • 944b_3.JPG
    944b_3.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,164
  • 9334_3.JPG
    9334_3.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 9390_3.JPG
    9390_3.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,075
  • 9499_3.JPG
    9499_3.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 599
  • 9503_3.JPG
    9503_3.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 626
Playing around...

Attachments

• 3View.jpg
    3View.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 429
  • spread.jpg
    spread.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 422
  • CL-1700.jpg
    CL-1700.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 405
  • CL-1700-1.jpg
    CL-1700-1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 369
Orionblamblam said:
frank said:
After seeing this 3 view, I'm even more confused as to how it's a Cheyenne derivative!

That's not Cheyenne derived.... THIS is Cheyenne DERIVED!

Now if they made the tail end of that -CL-1275- into an afterburner that would be seriously cool! ;D

Thanks. I would've posted them, but after the big copyright fiasco, if it ain't mine, I ain't posting it!

overscan said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180139378059&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

What was the fixed wing design's purpose?

Orionblamblam said:
frank said:
After seeing this 3 view, I'm even more confused as to how it's a Cheyenne derivative!

Orionblamblam said:
frank said:

My dear Scott,

of course CL-1214-3 was an attack aircraft version of Cheyenne,is that right ?.

famvburg said:
Wasn't the Cheyenne already an attack aircraft?

Yes Famvburg,but why they modified it,from helicopter to aircraft ?.

For what it's worth, aircraft and airplane are roughly equivalent in meaning, although it is AIRCRAFT which can be considered as having a broader meaning. Theoretically, any flying machine could be called an "air craft" (aerial craft), even blimps or balloons. An airplane (originally spelt "aeroplane") was only one type of flying machines.

Now can you guys stop that nonsense? Filling pages with one misunderstanding after another? English-speakers need to accept the fact that not all members speak English fluently... and non-English-speakers need to accept the fact that they can make mistakes, and not constantly try to justify them. I may have to remove some of these useless posts.