Lockheed Archangel A-1 (pre-SR-71)

For some reason a few of the drawings (Archangel II, Cherub 2 so far) won't open for me. I got the book in the mail today and the first thing I did was try and download all of the high-res images. Some work, but some don't.

OK, check that, MOST of them don't work. All I get is a screen with the red X where the image won't load. If I type in a wrong PW, I get the Authorization Failed message, so I should have the username/PW right. Any way you can reupload all of these as one zip file that's username/PW protected?

First possible problem: make sure you're using The Right Capitalization with the username & password.

Second possible problem: some of these drawings are relatively hugenormous, dimensionally. I've heard from a few who've had a problem opening some of them, and the problem was resolved by opening the file using another browser (some browsers simply refuse to show images that are too large).

Another potential fix for that: immediately after going through the password process and hitting the red X, go back to the blog posting with the link, and do a right click/save as. Since you should still have access to the protected page, this time instead of trying to make your browser view an image that it won't let you view, you can simply save the image directly to your hard drive, and you can look at it with whatever other program you like.

The right-click/save-as method worked, I got 'em all downloaded. Thanks for the help, and great work!

Capitalization is a key word, yes
all images open correctly in Google Chrome (at least)

I was using Internet Exploder. I haven't re-downloaded Chrome (had to do an HD wipe and restore a while ago).

And an FYI for other people potentially having issues: case-sensitive does not include punctuation.

I am relieved to hear that I am not the only one who had a problem opening most of these high-rez drawings. I felt so amateurish, and then also that there was something wrong with my computer, but a technician advised me to try Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, and it has worked like a charm on every drawing.

foiling said:
I am relieved to hear that I am not the only one who had a problem opening most of these high-rez drawings. I felt so amateurish, and then also that there was something wrong with my computer, but a technician advised me to try Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, and it has worked like a charm on every drawing.

Yes, IE simply won't load large images. Firefox or Chrome would be better :)

The Cherub "variant."
http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=4994
a-3-3_small.gif

rocketman said:
archipeppe said:
Indeed there's an higher probability that B1 design really influenced Tupolev's work, exactly in the same way Shuttle affected Buran....

Peppe, the alleged "policy of the mirror" implemented - in a number of Western analysts - from the USSR throughout the course of the Cold War to a more thorough analysis in a later period to 1989, was not as automatic as it seemed who assess events in the west with the worry of an interpretation on the moment to counter the enemy threat.

In reality it is clear that, technologically speaking, in the same historical period, thus using the same technological capabilities, similar problems produce similar solutions.

In this case, moreover, this occurred because the conceptual origin of technological advances in aerospace after the Second World War have the same conceptual matrix: the Nazi scientists who have worked since 1945 in the west that is beyond the Iron Curtain .

There is a phrase I've heard a lot that seems to fit here. Form follows function.

Mike

XB-70 Guy said:
I have IE8 and have no problems opening large files.

...It depends on which version you're running. IIRC, anything below IE 7 tends to either choke on thumbnailed images, or refuses to increase the size, but there *was* a registry fix for one of the bug-fix releases for IE 6 that sort-of fixed this.

Re: Lockheed A-3 variant

…Scott, I’ve noticed this about the last few of the small drawings you’ve posted here and on Up-Ship: that light blue color you’re using for the lines make them damn near invisible. Could you consider using flat black and a slightly larger line thickness? Us blind guys would appreciate it!

OM said:
…Scott, I’ve noticed this about the last few of the small drawings you’ve posted here and on Up-Ship: that light blue color you’re using for the lines make them damn near invisible. Could you consider using flat black and a slightly larger line thickness? Us blind guys would appreciate it!
Buy the book! Get hi-res!

Re: Lockheed Archangel A-5

Orionblamblam said:
Speaking of Lippisch-esque...
http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=5435
a-5_small.gif

a picture say more than a thousand words...
cat_its_beautiful.jpg

THX
I know Wat i gonna buy in Next Months ;D

No problem with seeing the drawings. Made me buy the book though!

PlanesPictures said:
Are in eBook "From RAINBOW to GUSTO: Stealth and the Design of the Lockheed Blackbird" valid passwords for the downloading of high-rez pictures on [/color]http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=nnnnnn, too?

The passwords are in the form of "the first word on page 134." I have the paper edition, not the ebook, so I can't say if the pagination and layout are the same.

As I said, I don't have the e-book, and can't compare how the pages line up. I would *guess* that the pages would be the same, but I don't know that to be the case.

Anybody reading along have both an e-book and a paper edition of the same thing?

OK, I underestand what is problem but it is too long for me to wait without job long weeks for paper book. I start next project with magic number 818 and then I will continue with Angels

Josef, I think they are the same, so buy book. If they will be not, I think that Scott will provide you with his drawings without word games.