Last chance to subscribe to Aerospace Projects Review...

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
... for the full first Volume. Issue V1 Number 3 should come out Any Day Now (I'm hoping by Friday... just awaiting some final tweaks and some artwork), and then it will be released. Up till that point, you can subscribe to APR at the regular price... $30 US, $36 non-US... and request the subscription be "back-dated" to include N1 and N2. But since each issue is priced separately, and issue N2 costs more than average... once issue N3 comes out, all subscriptions will start with the then-current issue, and if you want issues N1 or N2, you'll have to buy 'em at their single-issue price. Act soon...

http://www.up-ship.com/eAPR/

Issue V1N3 will include:
A: A two-page article describing "source grading," a concept being discussed by several aerospace historians to help add some sense to reconstructed drawings (you'll see... it makes sense)
B: A four-page article by Dennis Jenkins on the Model 37 flying boat version of the C-99 (the cargo variant of the B-36)
C: A two-page article on an early study for operational hypersonic aircraft
D: The Helios Concept: The first of several articles on the Orion concept, this describing spacecraft powered by internal nuclear detonations. 17 pages, greatly expanded from the original, with full color illustrations and reconstructed general arrangement drawings of many of the Helios and related designs, including one large-format 11X17 drawing
E: Blended Wing Bodies. In the original article, it was abrief article describing a single early BWB airliner concept. In the new, completely revised article, it'll be more than 30 pages, covering about 2 dozen different BWB designs, from small research UAVs to a proposed nuclear-powered VTOL monster with a wingspan greater than 1100 feet. Filled with many general arrangement drawings and artwork.
F: A four-page article on Focke-Wulf VTOL Jetliners of the 1960s
G: A four page article on a supersonic VTOL passenger carrying "flying saucer" designed by Lockheed
H: A five page article on Bell X-14 derivatives, including the X-14C ground attack version, the X-14D VTOL trainer, the "SkyCat" ASW plane for the Navy and the D-400 and D-400A designs.

Attachments

• v1n3promo.gif
    v1n3promo.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 118
The artwork just came in. I'm torn between two responses:

A: Giggity!

Quag.PNG

B: I shall destroy you all!!

stewie-griffin-16541.jpg

Probably not B.

I ordered last week and just today the first two issues arrived !!!

All I can say ... what a phantastig job, phantastic artwork – esp. the coloured ones ! ;) - and a phantastic service. Can't wait to bet issue 3 in my hands.

Thanks a lot Scott,

Cheers, Deino ;D

Deino said:
I ordered last week and just today the first two issues arrived !!!

All I can say ... what a phantastig job, phantastic artwork – esp. the coloured ones !

Wish I could take credit for *all* of that... but no, Sentinel Chicken just *has* to has skills and talents that outstrip mine in certain areas....

Can't wait to bet issue 3 in my hands.

Issue 3 CD's are getting sent out over a three-day span... yesterday, today, tomorrow. So shouldn't be long.