KUMA

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
weibo.com
Hi, I have been studying the details of the cancelled projects in the past and drawing artwork of they.

Many projects have not been drawn or drawn incorrectly, and my dream is to complete them.

Harbin H-5 Light bomber re-engine project:

轰5.jpg

The feature of this project is that the original turbojet engine was replaced by FWS-5 engine. It is a turbofan engine with rear fan layout developed by China based on WP-6.

Because the PLAF did not agree it to test-fly, it only carried out a high-speed taxiing test, and finally Cancelled.

The early scheme of J-20 was first published in Song Wencong's paper and other research papers, and the water tunnel test was conducted.

At this stage, the characteristics of the J-20: the combination of edge wings and duck wings in the same plane has been established.

jxxts N (1).jpg

_20221115_182443.JPG

New progress on Z-5W:

Although there was only one test photo in those days, I was glad to learn from the data that this unique prototype was once sent to a park in Harbin for tourists to visit in 1983!

So now I'm trying to find the photo of that year. At present, I've only found one photo with great possibility, and revised my drawing according to this photo.

I'm doing a job that no one else has ever done, again.

E]]ZLQ(U[_~5OIANIZ90A0B.png

未命名-5.jpg

Gathering information:

Z-5W(Lack of enough photos. )

H-5甲(Re-engine project in 1976, the original BK-1φ centrifugal jet engine was converted into WP-6(Pд-9Б) axial jet engine. No photo yet. )

Re-draw the re-engine H-5 with WS-5 turbofan.

It was two years ago that I first found the photo of it and drew it.

At that time, my drawing skills were not good, so I have re-drawn it now.

Besides, I also made a simple schematic diagram to show the outline of the engine in the engine compartment.

PS:

At that time, the testing machine only modified the engine on the right side, so I drew a production model here instead of the actual prototype in history.

轰5改涡扇(1).jpg

G_N%EEWHSY8J%2}MR70}JDW.png

Mysterious early carrier-based aircraft scheme from 611, Based on the image, I think this project is a canard carrier aircraft with certain stealth capability developed based on J-7.
View attachment 687183
Is that a full scale mock up behind him? What time frame is this?
Yes it is.

This fighter scheme was put forward during the "891" project(Carrier project/Cancelled/1989-1995).

Fantastic work Kuma, will you do the other carrier fighter project as well (J-13 from 601 institute?), this one:
View: https://twitter.com/dafengcao/status/827434295195078657

Regarding the 611 (J-9?) carrier fighter, on what do you base the fuselage configuration? I looked as much as i could online for anything on this project to show more than just the intake area to give me an idea of the general shape, but to no avail. I am genuinely curious. Also, any idea what engines were supposed to be used?

Fantastic work Kuma, will you do the other carrier fighter project as well (J-13 from 601 institute?), this one:
View: https://twitter.com/dafengcao/status/827434295195078657

Regarding the 611 (J-9?) carrier fighter, on what do you base the fuselage configuration? I looked as much as i could online for anything on this project to show more than just the intake area to give me an idea of the general shape, but to no avail. I am genuinely curious. Also, any idea what engines were supposed to be used?
Thank you.

I don't have a plan to draw J-13J for the time being, because it has enough clear photos, and now my main target is to "rescue" those project/scheme that lack materials and photos.

Regarding the unidentified carrier-based aircraft of 611, I speculated based on another scheme and their work.

At that time, 611 had mature experience in the modification of J-7, so in fact, their competition scheme at that time was a two-side inlet carrier-based fighter developed based on J-7, call J-7J.

The unknown full-scale model in the photo obviously has some design features of J-7J, but it has been further modified, so I completed the afterbody based on J-7J when drawing.

Digging around some time ago, i found this article below including what seems to be a model of the J7J (tbh i initially dismissed this, i thought it was a crude fan model, but perhaps not!), and also a folding wing J10J.

It also appear that at some point during the design evolution to the FC-1, there was a carrier based version considered? I saved couple of cgi depictions of perhaps that carrier based FC-1 (blue cammo, over the sea) on my computer.

At any rate, whenever you plan on doing J13J and perhaps J7J and J10J and indeed whatever other chinese projects you have in mind, looking forward to it!

Digging around some time ago, i found this article below including what seems to be a model of the J7J (tbh i initially dismissed this, i thought it was a crude fan model, but perhaps not!), and also a folding wing J10J.

It also appear that at some point during the design evolution to the FC-1, there was a carrier based version considered? I saved couple of cgi depictions of perhaps that carrier based FC-1 (blue cammo, over the sea) on my computer.

At any rate, whenever you plan on doing J13J and perhaps J7J and J10J and indeed whatever other chinese projects you have in mind, looking forward to it!
thank you;)

J-7J and J-10J They should all exist. The former has a clear photo of the wind tunnel model, while the latter is possible in time.

Unfortunately, I don't have any relevant information about whether FC-1 has been considered shipboard or not.

Recently, I am digging up the early research of the high mobility stealth fighter project.The time period is roughly 1986 to 200X.

I have explored the early scheme of 611 before, and now I am exploring the research of 601, including some specific technical research(such as 2D nozzle) and aerodynamic layout scheme research(such as 93/new93).

It hasn't been updated for a long time:p

Xinjian early design model:
XJ1-M13(The code is drawn on the model)

The time point of the program is probably around 1987 to 1988.

The design of this period has the following characteristics:

1. A possible forward-swept pitot tube intake(Based on contemporaneous CFD image speculation)

2. Cooling air intake at the base of the vertical tail

3. Special waist curve (based on CFD image)

4. Special mounting methods (medium-range missiles are mounted on the air inlet, ground-to-ground laser-guided bombs and short-range missiles are mounted on the wings)

I tried drawing in more detail, but it didn't work out as I expected.
10-1987-nWWB.jpg
10-1987-ntwb.jpg

Fantástico trabajo Kuma, ¿harás el otro proyecto de caza portaaviones también (¿J-13 del instituto 601?), este:
Ver: https://twitter.com/dafengcao/status/827434295195078657

En cuanto al caza portaaviones 611 (¿J-9?), ¿en qué basas la configuración del fuselaje? Busqué todo lo que pude en línea en busca de algo sobre este proyecto que mostrara más que solo el área de admisión para darme una idea de la forma general, pero fue en vano. Soy genuinamente curioso. Además, ¿alguna idea de qué motores se suponía que debían usarse?
Gracias.

No tengo un plan para dibujar J-13J por el momento, porque tiene suficientes fotos claras, y ahora mi principal objetivo es "rescatar" esos proyectos/esquemas que carecen de materiales y fotos.

Con respecto al avión no identificado basado en portaaviones del 611, especulé en base a otro esquema y su trabajo.

En ese momento, 611 tenía una experiencia madura en la modificación de J-7, por lo que, de hecho, su esquema de competencia en ese momento era un caza basado en portaaviones de entrada de dos lados desarrollado en base a J-7, llamado J-7J.

El modelo desconocido a gran escala en la foto obviamente tiene algunas características de diseño del J-7J, pero se modificó aún más, por lo que completé el cuerpo posterior basado en el J-7J cuando dibujé.
I made a speculative schematic cut for that model in the Motocar Cutaways of this same section... Regards

I just found this on your Weibo site? Any more information available on what it was?

1694010867519.png

I haven't updated it for a long time, just so busy, I don't have enough time to draw.
This is a new work I finished in a short time, the quality is poor.:(

Long-range bomber(远轰/YuanHong)
It is planned to be powered by four WS-6H or six JT3D engines.
The reason and time of cancellation are unknown.
Image_1707402123777.jpg

I haven't updated it for a long time, just so busy, I don't have enough time to draw.
This is a new work I finished in a short time, the quality is poor.:(

Long-range bomber(远轰/YuanHong)
It is planned to be powered by four WS-6H or six JT3D engines.
The reason and time of cancellation are unknown.
View attachment 719441

Wow ... here's the same type @Sentinel Chicken draw once for my very first book!

H6I + H-8 developments.jpg

Just a question on this one: As it seems, that particular J-8II has an unusual strake on top of the intake, however it is not a true canard. :oops: Do you know more or is it a faked one?

J-8 strange - maybe mod by Grumman - 地产画匠 - 1.jpg J-8 strange - maybe mod by Grumman - 地产画匠 - 2.jpg

PS: Seems to be fake!

1712140106064.jpeg

That just a friend's April Fool's joke. He compiled some fake history and pictures. ;)

Is you friend that famous CG/PS-artist @地产画匠 on Weibo? Then please congratulate him and send him greetings. I love his work even if it is often hard to distinguish real images from his artificially altered ones.