Italian "Mistel" concepts

archipeppe

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Dear Folks,

I've found out some interesting information about a lanucher glider project which roughly resembles German studies about the so-called "Mistel" combination (even if also Germans, Russians and English has conducted a lot of experimentations with parasite concepts during '30s).

The project was named "Startplano Bonomi-Silva" and it appeared in the Pubblication "Cronache di Guerra" ("War Chronicles") n. 36 of September 1940. It was designed by Vittorio Bonomi head of the Central Commission for Glide Fly of Regia Aeronautica.

The system was conceived essentially to avoid towing problems, linking rigidly the glider atop of the launcher aircraft. While the glider represented it is of an unidentified type the launcher it seems to have some resemblance of Nardi FN 305, even if it is clearly a different project.

Attachments

• startplano bonomi-silva.jpg
    startplano bonomi-silva.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 589
archipeppe said:
... designed by Vittorio Bonomi ...

Actually, design was by Camillo Silva.

In Et Silenter Deleo: Gli Aliantisti Militari Italiani Durante la Seconda Guerra Mondiale, author Gabriele Taddei notes about the Cronache di Guerra n° 36 piece that, though the Startplano Bonomi-Silva bit is flanked by an article entitled "Il Volo a Vela come mezzo di guerra",there is no hint given as to what the Startplano's warlike function would be.

Mind you, Taddei also wonders at how the 1936 "Pedaliante Bonomi-Bossi" could have any wartime use -- apparently unaware that the "aliante ciclistico" was simply an experiment in man-powered flight.

Hi,

here is anther Italian Mistel aircraft Project,for Nardi FN.305 or N.315 carried by
Caproni Ca.309.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    461.6 KB · Views: 274
Oh Ghibli!!

Attachments

• 1967_Maserati_Ghibli_ORC3.jpg
    1967_Maserati_Ghibli_ORC3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 202
Hi,

in my files,there was a large Italian aircraft,also it was a Mistel and carrying a gliders on its rear or back of the fuselage,what was it ?.

Hi

Attachments

• 9243_2_plt225_2.jpg
    9243_2_plt225_2.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 53
  • ar-1.gif
    ar-1.gif
    166.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 2dtxaiq.jpg
    2dtxaiq.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 51
  • ñ 001.jpg
    ñ 001.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 48
  • ñ 002.jpg
    ñ 002.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 54
  • ñ 003.jpg
    ñ 003.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 54
  • ñ 004.jpg
    ñ 004.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 56
  • ñ.jpg
    ñ.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 65
Hi,

in my files,there was a large Italian aircraft,also it was a Mistel and carrying a gliders on its rear or back of the fuselage,what was it ?.

Thank you my dear Justo,

and there was also a Mistel Italian aircraft (may be a bomber),could carry a gliders
on it ?.