Intelligence officials say United States has retrieved craft of non-human origin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you believe that?
The main reason is that idea of finding crashed alien spacecrafts on Earth is against elementary logic. If aliens took tremendous efforts to hide their approach of Earth - which is extremely hard, and required technology much superior to what we consider possible - then why their ships crashed so easily, and why aliens made zero efforts to imnediately recover the wreck? Its a contradiction.

We have no data about how many "alien" ships have visited Earth and how often. If one crash per 100,000 visits actually occurred then that's one ship, followed by a few more after a few hundred thousand additional visits. Spacecraft recovery? We can't do it.

The primary argument against spaceships from light years away is this: food. Even if the occupants could be put into suspended animation, a supply of a nutrient fluid, never mind solid food, would be required, and given intravenously.

The secondary problem is the energy required to travel interstellar distances. A "warp" drive using antimatter, mediated by some unknown crystal, would release how much energy? And it would be impossible to maneuver away from some obstacle large enough to destroy the ship.
Humankind is within a handful of decades of reaching the technological singularity, with the possibility of even achieving it inside the current one not a laughing matter anymore. Given that the universe is 14 billion years old, any technological civilizations that isn't ours will certainly be thousands or millions of years ahead. Unless aliens have their own version of Butlerian Jihad, they will have transcended their own biology, with concerns like sustenance and suspended animation obsolete to them.
According to Ray Kurzweil the singularity will be reached in 2043.

https://www.amazon.com/Singularity-Near-Humans-Transcend-Biology/dp/0143037889

I think Mister Kurzweil is far too optimistic, and leaves out key data. Even if the human brain/mind could be transferred to a human replica robot body, certain problems immediately arise. Among them are friends and family who refuse. Who wish to live out a normal human lifespan. You will live on, theoretically, forever, and watch some people you know die. You will not age. I suppose looking 30 forever is an interesting idea, but by the time you are 130, your memories will be from the actual number of years you have lived.

Death by accident is a real possibility. Your brain/mind is trapped in a life-support system. If that system fails before it can be repaired, you could face real, actual death.

Then there is the cost. As time passes, you might be offered an upgraded version of your current body. Perhaps it's more resistant to damage or bullets.

There are psychological aspects I won't go into. Suffice it to say that this route will be expensive dollar wise, social/society wise, and on a personal experience level.
I'm writing a story about that. Imagine that you die after having had an orderly life without too many incidents, a little conflictive wife and a comfortable office job related to the defense industry. For safety reasons, a few years before your death the doctors made routine brain recordings to ensure your professional integrity, but unbeknownst to you they also scanned your entire mind for advanced research purposes. Death is very boring and if a official "wakes you up" to offer you to be part of the virtual crew of an interstellar cruiser... Would you say no?

This is an old story idea, going back, as far as I know, to the 1950s. I am working with a small team on a near future story project. The goal is plausibility.

This is an old story idea, going back, as far as I know, to the 1950s. I am working with a small team on a near future story project. The goal is plausibility.
My version of the idea considers that a human mind is installed virtually in the spaceship software only as a sleeping safety mechanism that must take control in the event that the AI suffers some kind of disturbance. In this case the radiation from a magnetar. No one knew that it can also affect ships traveling in hyperspace.:)

You know, the question isn't even whether or not any of this is even true, it is laughably false. The question is what kind of program is the pentagon trying to protect with a counter intelligence operation IN THE PENTAGON that is of this scale, and this out of control.
Want a most probable answer? The program of collecting foreign spacecraft & rockets debris without noticing the nations who owned them. It's highly illegal - direct and clear violation of Outer Space Treaty of 1966. But it's something that US intelligence and US military would be very-very willing to risk, since space technology is usually a cutting edge of nations tech capabilities.

That does sound entirely plausible. But how did this all connect to the AARO? I think that is the last piece of the puzzle. Anybody want to take a stab at that?

Why do you believe that?
The main reason is that idea of finding crashed alien spacecrafts on Earth is against elementary logic. If aliens took tremendous efforts to hide their approach of Earth - which is extremely hard, and required technology much superior to what we consider possible - then why their ships crashed so easily, and why aliens made zero efforts to imnediately recover the wreck? Its a contradiction.

We have no data about how many "alien" ships have visited Earth and how often. If one crash per 100,000 visits actually occurred then that's one ship, followed by a few more after a few hundred thousand additional visits. Spacecraft recovery? We can't do it.

The primary argument against spaceships from light years away is this: food. Even if the occupants could be put into suspended animation, a supply of a nutrient fluid, never mind solid food, would be required, and given intravenously.

The secondary problem is the energy required to travel interstellar distances. A "warp" drive using antimatter, mediated by some unknown crystal, would release how much energy? And it would be impossible to maneuver away from some obstacle large enough to destroy the ship.
Humankind is within a handful of decades of reaching the technological singularity, with the possibility of even achieving it inside the current one not a laughing matter anymore. Given that the universe is 14 billion years old, any technological civilizations that isn't ours will certainly be thousands or millions of years ahead. Unless aliens have their own version of Butlerian Jihad, they will have transcended their own biology, with concerns like sustenance and suspended animation obsolete to them.
According to Ray Kurzweil the singularity will be reached in 2043.

https://www.amazon.com/Singularity-Near-Humans-Transcend-Biology/dp/0143037889
Actually, in light of recent advances he revised his prediction “to happen possibly in the next few months, not 5 or 10 years”

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C2FRuARF6I&t=1495s&ab_channel=KitcoNEWS

Skip to 24:35
Personally I think that's too optimistic.

Some parts of the article feels compelling, other parts, less so. Such as:

Others said that the U.S. has been able to fly at least one of the retrieved craft. “Some of the tech is very cutting-edge,” said a source, “and they have to travel to places like Italy, Belgium, and Indonesia to do flight testing.

Ahh yes, we're flight testing downed UFO's in totally remote places......like Belgium.

My version of the idea considers that a human mind is installed virtually in the spaceship software only as a sleeping safety mechanism that must take control in the event that the AI suffers some kind of disturbance. In this case the radiation from a magnetar. No one knew that it can also affect ships traveling in hyperspace.:)
Then why not logically go with the human mind as the proven primary solution as the baseline and the AI as a backup instead? As an engineer, you'll always go with the time tested solution first...

So they picked up more stray UFOs than they got stray MiGs...

I've said it before but it's odd (read suspicious) how UFOs over the decades have follow the eartlhy aerodynamic trend of the age they are spotted in; V-2-esque rocket shapes in 1946, low-aspect ratio circular 'disc' wings by the early 1950s, Black 'Dorito' flying wings in the 1990s (Belguim!) and now bright white wingless lifting bodies/tic tacs (they don't even bother with fancy neon lights anymore, shame).
I'm not saying all of them are real secret projects, I'm not saying all are hallucinations formed out the aeronautical zeitgeist of a particular era but it would be surprising if it wasn't a mix of both.

Some parts of the article feels compelling, other parts, less so. Such as:

Others said that the U.S. has been able to fly at least one of the retrieved craft. “Some of the tech is very cutting-edge,” said a source, “and they have to travel to places like Italy, Belgium, and Indonesia to do flight testing.

Ahh yes, we're flight testing downed UFO's in totally remote places......like Belgium.

Which coincided with the height of Belgian 'New Beat' wave. Probably too much XTC (in both cases).

This is already dead in the water. The Pentagon is claiming no knowledge. So they can form committees, and issue reports but it will end up being the same circular track as it's been for 80 years.

AIR FORCE REGULATION 55-88
OPERATIONS: COMMUNICATIONS INSTRUCTIONS REPORTING VITAL INTELLIGENCE SIGHTINGS (CIRVIS)

DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
HEADQUARTERS 42D AIR BASE WING (AU)
MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE ALABAMA​

42 CS/CC
170 West Selfridge Street
Maxwell AFB AL 36112-6610

Dale Goudie
[ Address deleted by CUFON ]
Seattle WA 981XX

Dear Mr. Goudie

We have processed your Freedom of Information Act request dated 27 January 2000. The information you requested is releasable and a copy is enclosed.

There is no charge for processing this request since assessable fees are less than $15.00.

Sincerely

/S/ John R. Taglieri
JOHN R. TAGLIERI, USAF
Commander

Attachment:
AFR 55-88

Golden Legacy, Boundless Future... Your Nation’s Air Force​

============================================================
============================================================​

AIR FORCE REGULATION DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
NO. 55-88 Washington, 13 May 1966

{ S/S by AFM 55-11, 20 May 68 }​

AFR 55-88

OPERATIONS

COMMUNICATIONS INSTRUCTIONS REPORTING VITAL
INTELLIGENCE SIGHTINGS (CIRVIS)​

This regulation states Air Force responsibilities and training requirements for peacetime reporting of vital intelligence sightings prescribed by JANAP 146 directives, "Canadian-United States Communications Instructions for Reporting Vital Intelligence Sightings."

1. What Sightings Will Be Reported.
Air Force personnel will report by rapid communication procedures all unidentifiable, suspicious, or hostile land, air, or seaborne traffic which - because of its nature, course, or actions - must be considered a threat to the security of the US or Canada. Such reporting will serve to extend the early warning defense system for the US and Canada.

2. What CIRVIS Reports Are Required.
The type of land, sea, or airborne traffic which should be reported, and when it must be reported, are defined in JANAP 146 directives. They prescribe the following CIRVIS reporting:

a. The initial CIRVIS report - issued while the pilot is airborne, (or, as warranted, upon landing) or by the land observer as soon as practicable. Additional CIRVIS reports will be made if situation requires it, and each one should refer to the initial report to permit identification with the original sighting.

b. The CIRVIS cancellation
report - issued by the observer if a previously reported sighting is positively identified as friendly or has been erroneously reported.

c. The CIRVIS post-landing
report- issued by the pilot when he lands, if he has made an airborne report. It must cite the airborne report(s) issued. If the landing is not made in Canadian or United States territory the report should be made to the nearest Canadian or United States military or diplomatic representative. Post-landing reports should be addressed to CINCNORAD, Ent AFB, Colorado, or Headquarters Northern NORAD Region, North Bay, Ontario, whichever is the more convenient.

d. The CIRVIS evaluation report
- submitted by each addressee of the above CIRVIS reports. It will include negative or other information as warranted, and will be submitted promptly to keep all message addressees fully informed during the evaluation phase. All investigative measures and evaluation processes instituted by the addressee must be consistent with existing procedures, and reported according to JANAP 146 (E), March1966.

3. Addressees for CIRVIS Reports
. Timeliness is paramount in CIRVIS reporting. Therefore, observers should transmit these reports as soon as possible. FLASH precedence is authorized. Reports should be transmitted to any available United States or Canadian military or civil air / ground communications facility. That facility will rapidly process the reports as prescribed by JANAP 146 directives, and add the addressees as given below.

a. If the sighting is in an oversea area, the addressees will be:

(1) CSAF (1st line of text For: AFXOPX)
(2) CINCNORAD
(3) CINCSAC
(4) As prescribed by area commanders. Normally, the addressees are the operating service commands concerned.

b. If the sighting is within the North American continent
or within waters bordering the North American continent (Atlantic Ocean to territorial limits of Europe; Pacific Ocean to the territorial limits of Hawaii), the addressees will be:

(1) The commander of the nearest NORAD organization or Air Defense Command Unit.
(2) CINCNORAD
(3) CINCSAC
(4) CSAF (1st line of text For: AFXOPX)
(5) FTD WPAFB OHIO
(6) CANAIRDEF
(7) NANRHQ
(8) The appropriate Maritime Commander in command:
(a) CANMARCOM
(b) CANMARPAC
(9) The appropriate Sea Frontier Command:
(a) COMWESTSEARON
(b) COMEASTSEAFRON
(10) The appropriate Antisubmarine Force Commander:
(a) COMASWFORLANT
(b) COMASWFORPAC
(11) The operating service commands of an overseas area will be added as addressees if the direction of travel of the object is toward an oversea area.

4. Training Requirement:

a. A realistic training program will be conducted for crew members, pilots and other personnel, who must submit timely and accurate CIRVIS reports to the defense elements of the Armed Forces. However, this training program will not take precedence over the primary missions of the commands.

b. Communications personnel will be trained in the procedures for processing CIRVIS reports as established by the JANAP 146 directives, and as prescribed by Air Force Communication Service (AFCS).

5. Air Force Responsibility:

a. Each major commander will insure compliance with this directive within his command.

b. The Director of Operations, DCS/Plans and Operations, HQ USAF,
is responsible for the over-all monitoring of all CIRVIS reporting. This responsibility includes supervision and coordination of all USAF and non-USAF activities concerned with CIRVIS that pertain to training, operational procedures, standardization of reporting procedures, and evaluating reports. It also includes appropriate coordination with CINCNORAD and dissemination of CIRVIS reports to appropriate agencies in the Washington, D.C., area.

6. Reporting From Commercial Flights
. The Commander, MAC, will discharge the Air Force responsibility for compliance with all JANAP 146 directives that concern regularly scheduled and non-scheduled United States commercial air lines. This includes information and guidance mutually acceptable to the air carrier and to MAC.

7. Reporting From Civil Air Patrol Flights
. The Commander, Civil Air Patrol, will conduct whatever training is required to insure that CAP pilots and aircrew personnel are qualified to perform effective CIRVIS reporting.

This regulation supersedes AFR 55-88, 8 January 1965.

OPR: AFXOPXS

DISTRIBUTION: S

BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE AIR FORCE

OFFICIAL

R. J. PUGH
Co1onel, USAF
Director of Administrative Services

J. P. McCONNELL
General, U.S. Air Force
Chief of Staff

We have a clue about those aliens culinary tastes: they like french fries (belgian fries would be a more appropriate name). And any alien that loves fried potatoes, can't be completely bad.

I'm hungry.

"I, for one, welcome our new belgian aliens overlords"

Here's an idea---the Great Daylight Fireball...not Hexagon...is what forced the design of the shuttle orbiter to be as large as it was.

The Teton event was an aerobraking Bracewell probe recovered by shuttle---Ouamuamua was its bus. Titan III or something delivered a tug to push it to LEO.

No triangles--no anti-gravity bs

Here's an idea---the Great Daylight Fireball...not Hexagon...is what forced the design of the shuttle orbiter to be as large as it was.

The Teton event was an aerobraking Bracewell probe recovered by shuttle---Ouamuamua was its bus. Titan III or something delivered a tug to push it to LEO.

Conspiracy much?

I don't believe a word of it.
The real issue is that people in our military have a woeful lack of critical thinking to entertain such nonsense.

Remember---Ed wanted to write a fiction story with a believable bent---and that is the best I could come up with.
"This is an old story idea, going back, as far as I know, to the 1950s. I am working with a small team on a near future story project. The goal is plausibility."

Remember, Teton was to do a resonant return---and unlike any other bolide---its contrail/plasma wake was as smooth as a babies bottom----no fragmentation, unlike Peekskill, Chelyabinsk, etc.

Compare Teton 1972 to Stardust:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WlCfuPrszU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljfdIMZqic

Laminar, steady....This Leonov fan art is probably a good design of what an ET Bracewell probe might really look like:

Some expected it in the 1990s--others later:

In my fiction scenario, the WOW signal, Oumuamua and the 1972 Teton Event would have had the same ephemerides.

Now he might have wanted a CONTACT type story---but the only realistic "captured craft cover-up" situation would have to be:
"Shuttle as Glomar."

HEXAGON could have been put up by augmented Titans, but I could see the following conversations taking place:

"NORAD has it about the same length as HEXAGON ironically."

"Well, that worked out....I guess shuttle does have a reason to exist after all.--Teton looks heavier though---better make Columbia a bit stouter to carry that thing--everything else STS will be used for is just gravy--a cover."

--Ed's story could pick up from there.

Here, you could have a mummified alien body, their data, etc. Yet Roswell remains just a balloon chain:

Were I to help help write Ed's story---folks here would have known it was coming beforehand---and that MOL itself, like shuttle, adjusted:

In my fiction, this was actually a prepositioned tug--two high reflectivity decoys left---but it does a burn out of LEO to shadow Teton later.

Last edited:

To sum up the story as far as I understand its convoluted depths: diehard paranormal believers scored 22 million in Defense spending via what looks like nepotism from Harry Reid by submitting a grant to do bland general “aerospace research” and being the “sole bidder” for the contract. They then reportedly used that grant, according to Lacatski himself, the head of the program, to study a myriad of paranormal phenomenon at Skinwalker Ranch including—you may have guessed it by now—dino-beavers. Viola! That’s how there was a “government-funded program to study UFOs.”
Our current journalistic class, unwilling or unable to do the research I can do in my boxers in about five hours, instead did a big media oopsie in The New York Times, running the story and lending credibility to the idea the Pentagon did create a real serious task force to investigate UFO claims. The fervor in response to these “revelations” memed into existence a real agency at the DoD that now does actually study UFOs, simply because everyone “demanded answers”—which is totally understandable, given the journalistic coverage. However, the current UFO task force is staffed by, well, the people willing to be on a UFO task force.

1947 - Nothing.
1957 - Nothing.
1967 - Nothing.

2023 - More nothing.

I'm sensing a pattern here.

That’s a smirk all right.

Show me someone with white hair and shell shock.
More like a neurodivergent intelligence officer. It’s funny because anyone who has spent time in those circles say he is exactly what is expected.

• Long verifiable military career surrounded by highly ranking and credible people with 30+ year careers in DOD, DIA and NRO and private contractors speaking on his behalf as to his character and subject matter
  • Testified to congress for 11 hours under oath before going public
  • Submitted classified documents, individuals, photos, program names, and private contractors
  • Congress called this “Urgent and Credible”
  • His attorney is the former Inspector General
  • That Attorney filed legal documents with him in regards to Whistleblower protection
  • Acknowledged he has even more security clearance than congress
  • Has access to 2000+ special access programs
vs a YouTube channel based on the pusedo-science of “body language“

Side by side, subject matter removed. Who is more credible?

Now that’s funny!!

Last edited:
That’s up there with UFOs to be fair…still…doesn’t he look like every car salesman you ever met?

I don’t know about “body language” experts…but when I see men with callouses, whose skin is turned to leather—maybe I’m wrong…but it seems to me that misery is honesty. I don’t usually take to fresh-faced lads who smile too much.

If any of this is at all real—he *should* be wearing the same expression Oppenheimer had when delivering his famous quote.

'It's Bigger on the Inside': US Military Accused of Recovering a UFO That 'Distorted Space-Time'

"A top attorney involved in bringing UFO whistleblowers to Congress claimed that a crashed alien craft recovered by the US military "distorted space-time" and was "bigger on the inside," RadarOnline.com has learned."

See:

&

To sum up the story as far as I understand its convoluted depths: diehard paranormal believers scored 22 million in Defense spending via what looks like nepotism from Harry Reid by submitting a grant to do bland general “aerospace research” and being the “sole bidder” for the contract. They then reportedly used that grant, according to Lacatski himself, the head of the program, to study a myriad of paranormal phenomenon at Skinwalker Ranch including—you may have guessed it by now—dino-beavers. Viola! That’s how there was a “government-funded program to study UFOs.”
Our current journalistic class, unwilling or unable to do the research I can do in my boxers in about five hours, instead did a big media oopsie in The New York Times, running the story and lending credibility to the idea the Pentagon did create a real serious task force to investigate UFO claims. The fervor in response to these “revelations” memed into existence a real agency at the DoD that now does actually study UFOs, simply because everyone “demanded answers”—which is totally understandable, given the journalistic coverage. However, the current UFO task force is staffed by, well, the people willing to be on a UFO task force.
This is pretty interesting.

More like a neurodivergent intelligence officer. It’s funny because anyone who has spent time in those circles say he is exactly what is expected.

• Long verifiable military career surrounded by highly ranking and credible people with 30+ year careers in DOD, DIA and NRO and private contractors speaking on his behalf as to his character and subject matter
  • Submitted classified documents, individuals, photos, program names, and private contractors
  • That Attorney filed legal documents with him in regards to Whistleblower protection

Now that’s funny!!
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

The US Government has one of my aircraft? Can I have it back?

The article Voltzz linked pretty much wrapped up the whole thing. The Congressional hearings must be a good laugh/excruciating listening to this stuff. A cover story is one thing but this is full blow tinfoil brigade infiltration, the conspiracy is consuming its originators.

There is another ding dong he did not mention, Navy F/A-18 pilot Ryan Graves who is promoting the "Americans for Safe Aerospace" organization. He just did an AMA on the UFO subReddit. However I find it completely disingenuous, if it was anywhere near legitimate then why did he only approach the UFO subreddit, and not anything Air Force or Navy related, Aerospace related, pilot related, or anything even remotely Aviation related. I completely don't get it. Is there a giant paycheck for screaming "UFO" somewhere?

There is another ding dong he did not mention, Navy F/A-18 pilot Ryan Graves who is promoting the "Americans for Safe Aerospace" organization. He just did an AMA on the UFO subReddit. However I find it completely disingenuous, if it was anywhere near legitimate then why did he only approach the UFO subreddit, and not anything Air Force or Navy related, Aerospace related, pilot related, or anything even remotely Aviation related. I completely don't get it. Is there a giant paycheck for screaming "UFO" somewhere?

This is how so-called disinformation campaigns work. Just follow the bread crumbs... to nowhere.

I'll pass. I want to see the peasants run around, astounded by these uh... reve... reve... oh never mind.

This is how so-called disinformation campaigns work. Just follow the bread crumbs... to nowhere.
Or follow them all the way into the loony bin like Paul Bennewitz

That’s up there with UFOs to be fair…still…doesn’t he look like every car salesman you ever met?

I don’t know about “body language” experts…but when I see men with callouses, whose skin is turned to leather—maybe I’m wrong…but it seems to me that misery is honesty. I don’t usually take to fresh-faced lads who smile too much.

If any of this is at all real—he *should* be wearing the same expression Oppenheimer had when delivering his famous quote.

There's something about his body language I can't pin down, but I'm not getting a genuine vibe from him.

As someone who has had a passive interest in the UFO phenomenon for over two decades, I've seen a lot of folks come and go with various claims. I believe it's important for people to have an open mind, but not be so desperate for truth and validation that they allow themselves to be fooled.

And for all we know, this could be a leak sniffing campaign to help identify individuals who are divulging highly sensitive information within the DOD. Or possibly an intimidation tactic RE: US adversaries.

Now that’s funny!!
Having worked in those circles, NGA/NRO would not be the ones in the know if the US did have an alien spacecraft and no one would have access to 2000+ special access programs at any one time. Its hard enough getting access to such a program when you are working on it, much less when it has nothing to do with your day to day job.

Sadly I cant see the big powers agreeing that today.
In ancient times the appearance of a comet caused famines and wars, what would have occurred if the Tunguska event had devastated Kapustin Yar during the Cuban Missile Crisis? In my opinion the discovery of the Chicxulub event convinced world leaders of the need to initiate some kind of understanding to avoid the start of a nuclear war because of a misunderstanding.

Who cares about ancient times?

"On October 9, 1955, the Untied States indomitable "old solider" General Douglas MacArthur issued a warning to the nations of the world that they had no choice other than to unite. As quoted in the New York Times, MacArthur expressed his sincere opinion that the nations of Earth must soon "make a common front against attack by people from other planets". The next war, he warned, would be an interplanetary one."

Status
Not open for further replies.