• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Ilyushin Il-112

fightingirish

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

helmutkohl

Reaction score
out and painted! (btw since its now built, should this thread be moved from unbuilt projects to the general aerospace section?

Vs0qdaUQwV4.jpg

Qp7vi94eIgg.jpg

i guess they decided to do away with that extra set of windows under the cockpit

Jemiba

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
...btw since its now built, should this thread be moved from unbuilt projects to the general aerospace section?

From the forum rules "... Prototypes that didn't enter series production may also be appropriate " ;)

riggerrob

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
IL-112 is about the same weight (46,000 pounds) as other medium-sized twin turbo-prop transports like CASA 295, DHC-5 Buffalo and the Italian C-27 Spartan.

helmutkohl

Reaction score

TR1

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score

Trident

Reaction score
Reportedly they managed to cut almost 2.1t from its weight, but I'm not sure whether that says more about the success of the weight reduction measures or how badly overweight it previously was!

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
It's some really massive yoke columns for such small screens (and positioned vertically).

Wyvern

Reaction score
Are there any variants in the pipeline?

yasotay

Top Contributor
Reaction score
Attractive aircraft there.

citizensnip

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
il-112 3d model

2.jpg 1.jpg

alberchico

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score

I'm surprised the cockpit does not have a heads up display integrated, it seems like standard equipment to have on a tactical transport. Are there plans to integrate a HUD later on ?

Anduriel

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score

I'm surprised the cockpit does not have a heads up display integrated, it seems like standard equipment to have on a tactical transport. Are there plans to integrate a HUD later on ?
That's more NATO thing. Russian transports don't use HUDs and cabin lightning isn't made for NVG use either. IL-76MD-90 doesn't have HUD either.
Plus Russia don't produce HUD for civilian|transport aircraft, and I doubt that companies that do will sell them.

Evgeniy

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
That's more NATO thing.

Hmm, maybe. The source was not originally Russian. I was just surfing the foreign Internet. Although it seems that there was such a photo in the Russians.

Taken from here:

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score
From July of 2019:

IL-112 - a long road to the sky - RUSSIAN AVIATION
March 30, 2019, on the day of the 125th anniversary of the birth of the outstanding and world-famous aircraft designer Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin, the first flight of a new lightweight military transport aircraft Il-112B took place. The modern Russian aviation industry does not often make us happy with new aircraft. And the Il-112 is not an easy story. But still, along with a new modification of the IL-76, this is the second transport aircraft, lifted into the sky by the renowned design bureau in the current decade. About how the machine was created, about the first flight and the upcoming improvements tells the Chief Designer of PJSC "Il" Nikolai Dmitrievich Talikov.