Today I received the mail from Yamato Museum that they are exhibiting type 89 flying boat model and type 91 flying boat model now.
I will take pictures for you soon. Give me some time.

Okay, I'll do it by analogy with Supermarine Southampton and H1H... Thank you for your help. And I'm sorry to bother you. Be healthy!
Good idea. Southampton cockpit is tandem and H2H1 cockpit is side by side. So......;)

no, no, no...from the Englishman I will take the location of the ribs of the fabric covering, the mounting of the engine frame and the wing extensions. The cockpit will be Japanese. I will take the hull of the boat part from H4H. Well, so, with the world on a thread…)
h4h-9.jpg

Mmmm.....Very difficult discussion for me.:cool:

Hi Genri-san!
Today I had an errand in Kure. Then I stopped by at the Yamato Museum and took a picture of the H2H1 model.
The creator of the model is unknown, but the scale is 1/24.
I will ask the Yamato Museum about the origin of the model.

Attachments

• H2H1 SIDE.jpeg
    H2H1 SIDE.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 45
  • H2H1 NOSE.jpeg
    H2H1 NOSE.jpeg
    573.2 KB · Views: 41
  • H2H1 COCKPIT.jpeg
    H2H1 COCKPIT.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 38
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    543 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks. This is a fairly large model. But, as I said, it has some minor inaccuracies. It is a pity that you do not have a valid H2H1...) Thank you again for your concern.

I reconfirmed the answer from the Yamato Museum. The answer is as follows.

「現在,常設展示の広工廠のコーナーにて,八九式飛行艇・九一式飛行艇等,同廠で製造された飛行機の模型を展示しております。」

「At the corner of the Hiro Arsenal, which is now on permanent display, we are displaying models of airplanes manufactured at the Hiro Arsenal, such as Type 89 flying boats and Type 91 flying boats.」

Therefore, these exhibition models are extremely valuable official models that have survived destruction, looting, and confiscation of troops due to war.
The span of this model is about 1m (92.2cm?), the length is about 70cm (67.6cm?).
It’s a large model.
I guess smart people managed to protect it. As you point out, the details may differ from the actual airplane.
This model is displayed in a large glass case at an angle where the cockpit instrument panel cannot be seen. Since it is a very valuable model, I will negotiate with Museum to convert it into an exhibition that uses a rotating table so that we can check it from various angles. I think you probably want to check the bottom shape as well.

Hi! Type 91 (H4H1) flying boat official model in Yamato Museum. Scale : 1/24.

Attachments

• Type 91 flying boat pic1.jpeg
    Type 91 flying boat pic1.jpeg
    469.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Type 91 pic2.jpeg
    Type 91 pic2.jpeg
    567.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Type 91 pic3.jpeg
    Type 91 pic3.jpeg
    570 KB · Views: 34
  • Type 91 pic4.jpeg
    Type 91 pic4.jpeg
    556.9 KB · Views: 35
Dear friend, thank you for your concern! But I have already started making, or rather, I have already made the bottom of the boat's hull. As I call it, a rough draft. About the dashboard...I don't think you will see anything of value on the model, so I will try to make a symbiosis of different versions of the dashboard of Japanese seaplanes of that period. I have a request to make. In your logs there are drawings of the interiors of the cockpits of the planes. Could you publish them here? It will be a great help to me. The upper and lower wing, the keel, I have already made. I suffer with stabilizers...) Today I made the interior trim of the cockpit and gunners. But my construction is still a long way off..) All the best to you!

(if you need more onions for sowing, I can send them...))))

Hi Genri-san. Unfortunately I don't have a drawing of the interior of the H2H1 cockpit.
What is the scale of your model? Perhaps it will be a most realistic H2H1 model.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image1 (3).jpg
    image1 (3).jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hello dear blackkite! Alas, I have a small scale compared to your model... (, it has 1/48. Therefore, detailing at this scale takes a lot of time. It's a pity that your magazines didn't include the interior of the cockpits. But today I found a book on cockpits 2 parts [Robert_C._Mikesh]_Japanese_Cockpit_Interiors. From seaplanes only Emily. But even here there is no cockpit of the plane I need. There is another book by this author, but it is not available to me - Japanese Aircraft Interiors 1940-1945. While in search...)

Never mind at all. 1/48 scale is large.:)

Hi Genri-san!
I found this Lorraine-Dietrich 12D water-cooled V12 engine displayed in Yamato Museum.

Attachments

• Lorraine-Dietrich 12D water-cooled V12 engine FRONT VIEW.jpeg
    Lorraine-Dietrich 12D water-cooled V12 engine FRONT VIEW.jpeg
    606.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Lorraine-Dietrich 12D water-cooled V12 engine FOR E1Y1.jpeg
    Lorraine-Dietrich 12D water-cooled V12 engine FOR E1Y1.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 30

Attachments

• The Navy Type 10A Reconnaissance Seaplane.jpg
    The Navy Type 10A Reconnaissance Seaplane.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 32
  • The Navy Type 10B Reconnaissance Seaplane.jpg
    The Navy Type 10B Reconnaissance Seaplane.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Lorraine-Dietrich 12D water-cooled V12 400hp engine.jpeg
    Lorraine-Dietrich 12D water-cooled V12 400hp engine.jpeg
    732.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
hesham posted a small, rough sketch of Hiro's elusive last (uncompleted) project from UK magazine Air Pictorial yesterday. It's in another topic with various other AP drawings from 1959. Can't manage to attach, though. Sorry--perhaps another member can assist.

hesham posted a small, rough sketch of Hiro's elusive last (uncompleted) project from UK magazine Air Pictorial yesterday. It's in another topic with various other AP drawings from 1959. Can't manage to attach, though. Sorry--perhaps another member can assist.

Hi Scorp,

you meant this one.

Attachments

• 8-1.png
    8-1.png
    231.6 KB · Views: 45