He-110

I don't think so, at least not without another suffix, designating it as project,
drawing number or something like that. "He 110" would be an official RLM
number, and there already was the Me 110. And duplications were mostly
avoided.

Jemiba said:
I don't think so, at least not without another suffix, designating it as project,
avoided.

Number blocks were assigned to various manufacturers by the RLM just to avoid such duplications. Hence you have Kurt Tank specifically requesting the number 152 for his fighter, which was part of a block assigned to another manufacturer (who's name escapes me at the moment). 110 had already been assigned to Messerschimdt.

He-110 ,if i am not in mistake, is a fictional aircraft on warbirds.jp, only real aircraft with this number is Bf-110 of Messerschmitt !

rickshaw said:
Number blocks were assigned to various manufacturers by the RLM just to avoid such duplications. Hence you have Kurt Tank specifically requesting the number 152 for his fighter, which was part of a block assigned to another manufacturer (who's name escapes me at the moment).

Klemm was assigned 151 and 152. The Kl 152 was supposed to be a fighter project. Anyone have details?

Please feel free to consult this threads of ours. It either seams we are lacking subjects or not using the search mode :).

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,5394.0/highlight,klemm+152.html

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,563.0/highlight,klemm+152.html

Jemiba said:
avoided.

Bf 110 please.

The Me designator was only applied to those aircraft types designed by Messerschmitt AG after July 11, 1938. All aircraft designed and built by Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (BFW) prior to this retained their Bf designators.

SaturnCanuck said:
Bf 110 please.

The Me designator was only applied to those aircraft types designed by Messerschmitt AG after July 11, 1938. All aircraft designed and built by Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (BFW) prior to this retained their Bf designators.

Technically correct, however Messerschmitt and RLM documents use both designations interchangeably, sometimes within the same document.

An example from Messerschmitt:
http://deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/m/Messerschmitt/Me%20109/Me%20109%20mit%20V-Leitwerk.pdf

Well, Saturn is right, of course, but, as jon wrote, even official documents mixed up
both designations, at least until around 1944, when it became official standard, to form
a types designation from the name of its designer and not of the company. Maybe a result
from the widespread license building ?
Nevertheless, I read, that even the short form of the old name of the Messerschmitt AG (BFW),
survived until the end of the war, although in parlance of Messerschmitt workers only:
They translated "BFW" with "Bastel-Flugzeug-Werke" (Tinker Aircraft Company), clearly realizing
that many of the used production methods weren't really up-to-date