Future soldier technology (modified thread)

Yeah, great, but as an old hunting mentor conveyed, hunting is about "recoil. recoil recoil"... Who is on that??!
The RM277 by GD/lonestar is the only one of the two remaining competitors guns thats got recoil anywhere close to under control.

Luckily for everyone they also have the only remaining ammo concept that's not just ok but EXCELLENT.

I'm a small arms guy, if people here are interested I can do a very thorough breakdown on the sig and GD guns and ammo as well as the state of the program and the like.

Now where have we heard that before...
I understand the skepticism but the technology has well and truly caught up to the ambition now and will only get better going forward.

Also china is rapidly moving towards similar stuff so it's now a matter of making sure we stay relevant rather than stay ahead.

This parallels a move made by Canadian Search and Rescue Technicians about 20 years ago. Back then, they concluded that existing parachutes and training techniques were obsolete compared with civilian skydiving practices. So they bought new, ram-air parachutes, packed them into large Javelins (a popular civilian skydiving harness/container) and hired course-conductors certified by the Canadian Sports Parachuting Association to bring CSAR School instructors up to civilian standards. The long term advantage was a reduction in the cost of refresher training by using much smaller and less expensive civilian airplanes (Cessna 182 to Shorts Skyvan). This change also came at a time when DHC-5 Buffalo airplanes were becoming expensive to maintain because of their age.

This parallels a similar move by the Canadian Army's Parachute Demonstration Team (aka. Skyhawks) when they shifted from the old Military Freefall Parachute training scheme to a show based upon Canopy Formations. The Skyhawks hired civilian coaches who were World Champions at the time.