Future soldier technology (modified thread)

muttbutt

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Kestrel defense from China with their "Smart SF soldier system" Gen 2, Gen 3 is already in the works.

mbxMsh6.jpg

skyblue

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
What is real and what is cardboard? China is a weird place where there is a solid chance the shiny stuff is a potemkin village, but also an equally solid chance that there is something legitimate to it.

jsport

what do you know about surfing Major? you're from-
Reaction score

muttbutt

Reaction score
What is real and what is cardboard? China is a weird place where there is a solid chance the shiny stuff is a potemkin village, but also an equally solid chance that there is something legitimate to it.
Kestrel are a large well known defence contractor inside China, so I'll lean into this being more on the legit side.

jsport

Reaction score

jsport

Reaction score

T. A. Gardner

Reaction score
I could definitely tell you some stories about this from my own experiences as a Navy Chief...

jsport

Reaction score
IVAS from ProjectConvergence21
FDy6vDXVkAM0Vp1

aonestudio

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score

publiusr

The Anti-Proxmire
Reaction score
Does EVERY soldier have to have a carbine. The first of four guys rounding a corner should have two MAC-tens...the next guy a BAR...the third guy a flame thrower and grenade...and the last guy a shotgun and he walks backward and his backpack has reloads for the other three.

muttbutt

Reaction score
French developed ATHOS heads up display glasses for SOF at this years FID21 symposium today.

u5874yP.jpg
kp2IrrZ.jpg

RG2T5sR.jpg

robunos

You're Mad, You Are.....
Reaction score
Does EVERY soldier have to have a carbine. The first of four guys rounding a corner should have two MAC-tens...the next guy a BAR...the third guy a flame thrower and grenade...and the last guy a shotgun and he walks backward and his backpack has reloads for the other three.
YES !!
It's all very well putting your soldiers into teams, working out tactics and divvying up the various weapons between them . . . BUT . . . there's going to come a time when one guy's been killed or wounded, or their weapon's jammed / broken, or just the case that the right guy's not in the right place at the right time . . . you need all your (infantry) soldiers to be interchangeable when necessary.
And flamethrower RELOADS . . . seriously ??

cheers,
Robin.

Scar

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
And flamethrower RELOADS . . . seriously ??
RPO Shmel says hello!
RPO Shmel is a single-use thing. Of course, the last one in the team can carry spare tubes but RPO has a minimum range of 30 meters and can't be used in cramped rooms, due to the backblast.

While this thing is an ideal. It has a wide range of 43mm grenades, including thermobaric rounds which can be safely used by its operator from the distance of only FIVE meters.

Live fire training (watch from 0:40).

Real combat application during special operation against Islamic lunatics in the Russian North Caucasus region.

jsport

Reaction score