Cjc

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
This was idea I had reading the merage IV threads, the idea being the the lockheed bribery scandal breaks in Germany befor the deal goes though leading to anything American becoming politically toxic, this leads to Germany (and though them the rest of the nato f-104 block) to buy the Mirage III (a much better plane for what Germany wanted to do anyway). This leads to enough money for Dassault to biuld the proper mirage IVB with 2 Orenda Iroquois engines and the range to hit Moscow and come back. This makes it much more palpable as a tsr-2 replacement and dosnt have the risks that the f-111k does (plus dosnt use preshus dollars). This creates enough money to down size the Mirage IVB to the single Iroquois Mirage IVC (maby adding canards to help manufrability) insted of the Mirage f1 and the Mirage 2000 untill the rafale comes on to the scene.

That would add 1783 new Mirage III
150+140+36=226 Mirage IVB
And 1321 Mirage IVC

This dose lead to the question of what would happen to the tornado, sense the uk is now no long in the market for a bomber (and maby not even for an interceptor if it also bought the arrow) but Germany and the rest of the merage III buyers are going to probably be looking for a replacement at the same time as they did OTL but with out the uk it seems to me the most likely replacement would be the f-16 with the Mirage IVC being a close second (i don't think the Germans could pull off even there single engine proposal by themselves)

What do ya'll think of this?

Back
Top Bottom