Free Lecutre - British Spigot Weapons

Listy

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I've cleared this post with Overscan, before I posted.

My name is David Lister, author of The Dark Age of tanks, which has caused a few comments on here. Since 2013 I've been working on a book about spigot weapons of the Second World War. That book, called 'Defeating the Panzer-Stuka Menace' will be out at the end of this month. I was originally invited down to War & Peace to give a talk on the book, however, as War & Peace has been cancelled I've been looking for somewhere else to do the talk. I've decided to do it on youtube, with a Q&A to follow. My Youtube channel is here:

The broadcast will be held on Saturday the 5th of June at 1900 BST. Here's one of the slides for your amusement:
hb3nK7R.png

I'll be covering the early years of the spigot weapons developments, including a few built prototypes, and some experimental stuff for the bombard. Then there'll be a general Q&A to follow.

For your interest here's a list of weapons that I've managed to work into the book:

UK:
AEB bomb thrower, Arbalest, Bombard Experimental Gun, Bombard, Hedgehog, Hedgerow, Water Hammer, Mustard Plaster, Baby Bombard, Jefferis Gun, Stewblack Projector, PIAT, Petard, Denny Gun. Buffalo, Clarke Family (Tree, Ground, and Gun).

US:
US Tree Spigot, Bigot, T30 57mm, T12

German:
Schwere & Leichter Ladungswerfer

Japanese:
Type 98

There's also some bits on the Sticky bomb and the MD1 Kangaroo mine (but for obvious reasons these are not the main focus).

If nothing else, I've never done anything like this before, so that should provide at least some entertainment.
I hope to see you all there.

Thanks.

Last edited: