Early German Projects & Prototypes

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
For the MM.3 I will look at my documents.

Ingenieur Hoope founded the Hoppe Flugzeugbau at Bad Hersfeld. He designed some sailplanes and the light aircraft G.H.1 and G.H.2.
I know nothing more about this person.

richard B

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
The unidentified monoplane is the FK 3 "Friedrichshain" , designed by the Dipl-Ing KOCH , and build by the "Sturmvogel" Verband (an SPD organisation) at Friedrichshain near Berlin in 1931 . It was shown at the DELA-Berlin 1932 .
It was a "Volksflugzeug" , a cheap airplane for "everybody" , like some others designs of the 1930-1933 period .
Only the prototype was built : in early 1933 , Hitler got the power , and the SPD was forbidden .

burunduk

I love the history of airplanes
Reaction score
richard B, thank you a lot.

Is this man H. Koch, the designer of Akaflieg Darmstadt D-14 glider (1927) and Akaflieg Hannover AFS-1 Schnecke biplane (1931)?

Maveric, thank you. I'll try to find a biography of pilot-recordsman Huppe.

richard B

Reaction score
His name was Friedrich Koch (1899-1994)

Sorry , I don't know more .

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
From Les Aeroplanes de 1912,

here is a Franz Büchner biplane,I don't know this designer,except from two aircraft built by
Gotha;

https://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft29146.htm
https://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft29999.htm

Who know more about him ?.

Attachments

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
This aircraft is the D.F.W. (Deutsche Flugzeugwerke) "Mars" from 1912.

Bruno Büchner was only a flight instructor at the DFW, later he cost the plane.

AGO Scheer

AGO Flugzeugwerke
Reaction score
Dear Friends,
is someone able to help me with a photo of an airplane:
made by "Flugzeugwerke Gustav Schulze" (D-Sch) at Burg b. Magdeburg, searching for his last Type VIII "Roland", made in 1914 with 70 HP Argus, please?

hesham

Reaction score
AGO Scheer said:
Dear Friends,
is someone able to help me with a photo of an airplane:
made by "Flugzeugwerke Gustav Schulze" (D-Sch) at Burg b. Magdeburg, searching for his last Type VIII "Roland", made in 1914 with 70 HP Argus, please?
Give me some time.

richard B

Reaction score
This Schultze-Eindecker was powered by a "wassergekühlten Vierzylindermotor" : this could be the 70hp Argus ; Anyway , it's the last Schultze I know , describes by Bruno Lange as the 1913 "Hochdecker"

Attachments

AGO Scheer

AGO Flugzeugwerke
Reaction score
Hello Richard,
Short P.S.: Where was the upper photo printed? Looks like from a book or newspaper....

richard B

Reaction score
Sorry , this is a copy only , and I didn't notice the source :-[ , but it could be this old book :

hesham

Reaction score
1. Jeannin

Basically there were three main types of aircraft built by Emile Jeannin, of which a number of subvariants appeared:
• the 1911 Eindecker
• the 1912 Taube
• the 1913 Stahltaube

I have my doubts concerning the so-called Jeannin biplane (Gray/Thetford, p. 429). It is not of Jeannin style (a biplane with swept wings), and apparently it was designed by Karl Bomhard, who worked for Union and built there a number of other swept winged airplanes.

In 1915 the Emile Jeannin Flugzeugbau GmbH was taken over by National-Flugzeugwerke GmbH (itself created earlier by DFW as a subcontractor).

Emile Jeannin was an Alsatian by origin, born in the then German Mühlhausen i. Elsaß (now the Franch Mulhouse). He had always been a colourful character. He was a very good aviator, but also a star. At the beginning of WWI he got a severe sentence for an affair with a minor girl. But he wasn't the only one in Germany at that time. Ellery von Gorissen also had a lot of trouble for an affair with a minor boy… But let us focus on airplanes :)

2. Naglo

Concerning an eventual Naglo training biplane I have no information. Interesting. Where did you find the information?

3. LVG D4

D4 was the company designation of the LVG B.I
What was the difference between Jeannin A/13 & A/14 ?.

richard B

Reaction score
For the German Army , "A" means unarmed monoplane , 13 , 14 the year of construction : 37 Jeannin Stahltaube were built in 1913 and 1914 , 26 with a A.xyz/13 registration , and 11 with a A.zyx/14 registration .