ptdockyard
"Pick out the biggest and commence firing"
- Joined
- 19 January 2014
- Messages
- 149
- Reaction score
- 261
It was in one of the 1935 issues of the Naval Institute's "Proceedings."This is as the image describes, a modified Yubari, rather a preliminary. Can you provide a source,
I've decided to take my bet on the Chichibu this Historical-Hypothetical design:
A bit longer than the Deutschlands turrets and with similar armour it would weight just a bit heavier say 650tonsThe turrets seem way too heavy for the hull.
I assume you can read just forgot to do so.With very narrow and already traditionally unstable Japanese cruiser hull... 2-gun turrets would probably be safer. Or possibly change their design to extended 8" instead of miniature 18" with smaller carriage and barbette. But those are really too large.
Heh! Interesting! About 10 years ago I also toyed with the idea, and came to similar design:I've decided to take my bet on the Chichibu this Historical-Hypothetical design:
https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/1180781176![]()
Thank you)Nice! Not many artist tried to represent this Historical Hypothetical!
I assume you can read just forgot to do so.
Well, IJN did not have much experience in triple turrets, so they likely would use Yamato-class turrets as prototype anyway.I never said you can't fit two 3-gun turrets there. I just say that straight scaling-down Yamato turrets looks out of proportion and should we assume the Japanese made 3x12" with much less armour, as you said, they would look differently. Shorter, and most importantly, narrower. Settsu may be a better base for the turret design, that's all.
Maybe Les Flottes de Combat,but I'm not sure which year, because this is a single image I found on the InternetFrom which French naval magazine/book/booklet?
Well, IJN did not have much experience in triple turrets, so they likely would use Yamato-class turrets as prototype anyway.
The turrets you have used are, however, based on older designs and do look more proportional.Heh! Interesting! About 10 years ago I also toyed with the idea, and came to similar design:
Initially I wanted to use modified turrets from Settu, but then I realized that four guns are statistically unsuitable to score hits in long-range battle.The turrets you have used are, however, based on older designs and do look more proportional.
I think the turrets would have been based on the Settsu design, maybe slightly longer, but wider and with accordingly wider barbette and probably somewhat cramped inside. That should fit all right.Initially I wanted to use modified turrets from Settu, but then I realized that four guns are statistically unsuitable to score hits in long-range battle.
Why?I think the turrets would have been based on the Settsu design, maybe slightly longer, but wider and with accordingly wider barbette and probably somewhat cramped inside. That should fit all right.
Wow, they were so far from reality it's actually funny. I struggle to figure out what significant vessel might have run trials in April 1940 reaching 30 kts. Presumably this kind of info, however faulty in regards to the name and type of ship, was based on some form of intelligence. Maybe it was Hiei?
It's a tricky question, as I mentioned earlier, it's either that or enlarged 203mm. >Why use an 1910's era turret? You can salvage the guns from the IJA but I think all the turrets were scrapped.
Or possibly change their design to extended 8"
2x3 30,5cm/45 Type 37 Cannons (alternatively 2x3 31cm/50)
les flottes de combat 1940-1942 p. 509From which French naval magazine/book/booklet?
Twin 36cm?My model
41cm,two light battleship,one with 4 41cm main gun ,the other with 3 460 main gunTwin 36cm?
At 19,000 tons official, i.e. ~25,000 full - totally possibleThe late Admiral Furushita's interpretation:
IJN CHICHIBU
That one is interesting, because this hull is not based on a Hiraga heavy cruiser design.Another artist's idea, The Unebi from maybe a Manga:
It is from a manga, yes, a fairly obscure one.
Girls and cruisers ? (I see myself out)It is from a manga, yes, a fairly obscure one.
Not much.Is there any more information on the 1916 7,200 design scout cruiser?