Contest 1934: A speedy bomber for the Royal Italian Air Force

ı am more of a What-iffer ; my first post here must be the one where ı had this Harrier in Turkish service , just to tell that ı couldn't register on that site . As such ı had this thread saved back in the day , including post 33 and ı think MC72's images have disappeared . ı can upload them , as saved .

Attachments

• juznn37dlb.jpg
    juznn37dlb.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 114
This is a bit off-topic, but I see there are some members with very detailed knowledge of the Savoia Marchetti SM.79 ...

Attached photos show a factory model of the original SM.79C in Sorci Verdi colors, in my collection. It is signed by Ing. Alessandro Marchetti to "Dino Gardini". I have two questions:

-1- Does anybody know who is Dino Gardini (was he perhaps one of the flight or ground crew of I-11 during the Paris-Damascus race)?
-2- What was the actual serial of this particular airplane (i.e. I-BRUN, I-BISE, I-MONI, etc.)

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Savoia Marchetti SM.79 02.jpg
    Savoia Marchetti SM.79 02.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 68
  • SM.79C Dedication.jpg
    SM.79C Dedication.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 65
I like this aircraft,too. ;)
https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19186.msg286768.html#msg286768

I found this site.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/97053-Savoia-Marchetti-SM-79C-WIP

Thank you blackkite – good site and already one of my questions answered!

Istres - Damasco - Parigi

Italian SM-79C aircrafts (in order of arrival):

1st I-FILU (1-13: pilots Fiori-Lucchini)
2nd I-CUPI (I-11: pilots Cupini-Paradisi)
3rd I-BIMU (1-5: pilots Biseo-Mussolini, yes he was the Duce's son)
4th I-TOMO (1-6: pilots Tondi-Moscatelli)
5th I-ROTR (1-12: pilots Rovis-Trimboli)
8th I-LICA (1-7: pilots Lippi-Castellani)

Ciao
Giuseppe

MC72 said:
The proposal aircrafts was:

Piaggio P.32
Macchi MC.91 and MC.97
Breda “82”
Fiat BR.20 & BGA
Savoia Marchetti lS.79B
Caproni Ca.135
Cant il Z.1011

also CMASA and CAB involved in this competition,and maybe the BGA was called B.11 ?.

Back
Top Bottom