Cold War Interceptor: The RAF's F.155T/O.R. 329 Fighter Projects Hardcover – February 2, 2020 by Dan Sharp

bercr

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score

41MYu13OHJL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thats a question for @newsdeskdan to answer :) Looks like a load of bookazines (presumably, out of print) are being republished as books by Morton under the 'Tempest' moniker.

This one is the same words and images as the bookazine but it has been completely redesigned and will be printed in a large 200+ page hardback format. In the 132-page bookazine, some of the original images were 7000 x 5000 pixels or larger but ended up being used the size of a postage stamp due to lack of space. The font size on the last chapter was reduced to squeeze more in and many of the images were run over the gutter, rendering them more difficult to see properly. Some of the images were given a strange blue tint for some reason. The cover art was occluded by 'tasters' and roundels. Even the title was a compromise because it was felt that supermarket shoppers wouldn't understand what F.155T/O.R. 329 meant. This has been my opportunity to do justice to the content.
None of the others is an entirely straight reprint. Spitfires Over Berlin has been updated, while Secret Projects of the Luftwaffe: Jet Fighters and Secret Projects of the Luftwaffe: Bombers will include content from across my Luftwaffe: Secret series, plus some previously unpublished images, in order to tell the full story of jet fighter and bomber development, respectively, in Nazi Germany.

Last edited:
I got this exciting book today. For some reason, it was available at a very low price of ¥2267 . It currently sells for ¥3395.
I have learned enough about the subject of this book, so I can enjoy it even more. This book is packed with great information.
I highly recommend this book to you. You can also see Dan-san's sharp handsome face.
There are many great writers of British aircraft, and there are plenty of historical materials in manufacturers and museums, and I'm really enviable compared to the current situation in Japan.:)

Last edited:
Shame we can't get a matching volume on the LRI competition in the USA. It would be interesting to compare the various requirements and the approaches to them.

This book is really a exciting one.The book is packed with amazing drawings that I see for the first time.
I like especially Saunders-Roe P.187 and Fairey Large parts. These parts are really great.
Dan-san's information collecting ability is outstanding!!:oops:

Last edited:
@newsdeskdan

This was the book that brought me here, when I bought that magazine, obsessively read it cover to cover, I then went on to Google, did my research and found this place, and I haven't looked back.
I cannot stress the importance of this magazine/book to me, thank you so much, for without it, I may never have found my obsession.
So, when my dad lost it, I found the hardcover version, and I have it here in my hand now, and it has lost none of it's potency; the insane story of the British aviation industry's 'last laugh' and the most bonkers aircraft types to ever grace a drawing board.

So again, thank you.

Rafe

Back
Top Bottom