F.L.

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
How about a thread on the J-12 ? I noticed that there was none !
It is a jet that I like very much and I will try to collect in this thread some interesting things about it.

I started to work with Inkscape and I hope to make color profiles of J-12 under the roundels of countries where it could have flown: Sudan, Tanzania, Somalia, North Korea ...
Nanchang J-12 ''02''.jpg PLAAF J-12I (7012 red) inflight (3d).png

Last edited:
And here is a second attempt to develop or create J-12 or F-12.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 253
How about a thread on the J-12 ? I noticed that there was none ! :)
It is a jet that I like very much and I will try to collect in this thread some interesting things about it. ;)

I started to work with Inkscape and I hope to make color profiles of J-12 under the cockades of countries where it could have flown: Sudan, Tanzania, Somalia, North Korea .... :D
The Chinese F-100 Super Sabre!

First, a three view blueprint ! :)
What is the version of the J-12 on the bottom ?
I believe that it is a STOL variant, which was one of the primary ideas for the project, due to the presence of the doors on the upper dorsal part of the fuselage, similar to those fitted to the Su-15VD as seen in this pic. The J-12 was initially a day fighter only with no radar provision, but later was fitted with a centre body for the same radar as the early MiG-21, which was being built in China as the J-7.

Attachments

• Su-15VD.jpg
    Su-15VD.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 190
This pic of one of the later prototypes with the centre body, clearly shows the doors on the fuselage, although retracted in this example

Attachments

• Nanchang J-12 with later nose arrangement.jpg
    Nanchang J-12 with later nose arrangement.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 195
The J-12s "no suffix" also have these doors.
In addition, the "145 red" was a prototype of the J-12I, a variant designed to correct the problems of the J-12' s substandard performance & who first flew in 1975.
Moreover, "145 red" does not seem to have ventral nozzles.

Attachments

• Nanchang J-12.jpg
    Nanchang J-12.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 200
  • qpvzkMt - Copie.png
    qpvzkMt - Copie.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 184
  • qpvzkMt.png
    qpvzkMt.png
    206.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
How about a thread on the J-12 ? I noticed that there was none ! :)
It is a jet that I like very much and I will try to collect in this thread some interesting things about it. ;)

I started to work with Inkscape and I hope to make color profiles of J-12 under the cockades of countries where it could have flown: Sudan, Tanzania, Somalia, North Korea .... :D
The Chinese F-100 Super Sabre!
actually J -12 may be more similar to Gnat, but a much more powerful version
a light fighter jet with very good maneuverability.but also have supersonic ability

https://new.qq.com/rain/a/20210202A030HG00
A repost of (till-now) the most detailed and trustworthy story of the development of J-12. In Chinese.

And a J-12 vs HA-300 data chart.
(Basically 99percent of people here in China who know about J-12 consider it as the lightest supersonic jet fighter, cuz few knows the HA-300.)

Attachments

• 49011F00-3F14-48BA-AB22-9E25FCE82A07.jpeg
    49011F00-3F14-48BA-AB22-9E25FCE82A07.jpeg
    503.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited: