Boeing Model 404 flying wing bomber project

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Does anyone have drawings or specs of the Boeing Model 404 flying wing bomber? I just wanted to ask because I saw the designation in the Boeing model numbers list and the Model 404 had the same number of engines as the XB-35 and Consolidated Flying wing design.

I am very hesitant to share these drawings of the Boeing 404 as I am sure some "researcher" will steal them. However, in the interests of furthering aviation history and research I present to you a 3-view drawing of the Boeing Model 404 done from original USAAF drawings in my files. I am in the process of long-term research on a future book title for which these were done. I have a large amount of data on the 404.

The other drawing is a comparison of the what would have been the Martin-produced version of the B-35 (Northrop had nowhere NEAR the production capacity to mass-produce an aircraft of this size) and the Boeing 404. As you can see, the 404 was a much larger aircraft.

Presented for you consideration,

AlanG 404 vs Martin-Northrop Wings.jpg Boeing Model 404 3-view WEB.jpg

I am very hesitant to share these drawings of the Boeing 404 as I am sure some "researcher" will steal them. However, in the interests of furthering aviation history and research I present to you a 3-view drawing of the Boeing Model 404 done from original USAAF drawings in my files. I am in the process of long-term research on a future book title for which these were done. I have a large amount of data on the 404.

The other drawing is a comparison of the what would have been the Martin-produced version of the B-35 (Northrop had nowhere NEAR the production capacity to mass-produce an aircraft of this size) and the Boeing 404. As you can see, the 404 was a much larger aircraft.

Presented for you consideration,

AlanGView attachment 615660View attachment 615661
very great. If all will be OK I will render it

I have the interior arrangement drawings and drawings of the engine installation. I've been working on a drawing of this airplane. Here's a sample scan. Too many drawings to scan and upload. I can make you a copy of the drawings if you send me an email. Rich

Attachments

• boeing 404 scan.pdf
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 114
Rich,

Just sent you a note regarding your 404 drawings.

Hope to hear from you.

AlanG

Thank you , on appendix of " American Secret Projects " Boeing Model 404 is mentioned like project of 1944 .