Ilyushin CCB-16 flying wing bomber

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

at the early of 1930s,Ilyushin company designed the CCB-16,it was flying wing
bomber powered by two M-34 engines,assigned to department of V. V. Nikitin.
But replaced by a conventional low-wing design with two M-85 engines.

Hi Hesham!

Excuse me but "CCB" index isn't correct. Of course if you'll take English abbreviation for "Central Construction Bureau", it would be CCB. But if you want to represent more correctly how it sounds in Russian, it would be CKB or even TsKB (I prefer the latter). The Russian spelling is ЦКБ (Центральное конструкторское бюро).

Unfortunately I can't add anything more about this particular project...

Thank you my dear Redstar72,

and I think it is not easy to get its drawing.

Hi,

at the early of 1930s,Ilyushin company designed the CCB-16,it was flying wing
bomber powered by two M-34 engines,assigned to department of V. V. Nikitin.
But replaced by a conventional low-wing design with two M-85 engines.
The designation TsKB-16 was the original in-house designation for the Samsonov MBR-5 flying boat before it was changed to MS-2 (see TsKB designations list), and in no way was applied to any Ilyushin design. There was a low-wing Ilyushin airliner design with two M-85 piston engines derived from BB-2 (the first design for the DB-3 strategic bomber).

The designation TsKB-16 was the original in-house designation for the Samsonov MBR-5 flying boat before it was changed to MS-2 (see TsKB designations list), and in no way was applied to any Ilyushin design. There was a low-wing Ilyushin airliner design with two M-85 piston engines derived from BB-2 (the first design for the DB-3 strategic bomber).

That's not right,

the series maybe re-allocated to anther aircraft,and the source was;
The Osprey Encyclopedia of Russian Aircraft 1875-1995

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 11