Blue Origin
Suborbital flights 17 one with 4 person
Orbital Flights NONE
and no Hardware for that...

SpaceX
Suborbital flights 90
Orbital Flights 127 times, two mission with total 6 astronaut to ISS
and builds biggest rocket ever

Impressive lack of results for BO that is now 20 years old...

publiusr

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Wasn’t there a story that Bill Gates wanted to bring the Saturns back for Teledesic or something before he got married?

Now if I had Bezos-level money, I’d try a scaled up Saturn IB type design with vertical legs between the tanks. Maybe plastic tanks for kerosene. The tanks would slide past each other a bit if it lands heavy with something like a mechanical fuse strut designed to break but be replaced. An articulated puck like a platigrade foot?

No legs to stove the tank in from the sides. The legs are long and fit between..a little like Orion pusher plate rods. BTW an Orion meat-tenderizer might make for a nice build.

With legs this long…maybe you don’t even need a pad or tower…Fairing attaches to the FIRST STAGE and opens like the old Jupiter IRBM petals…but with webbing in between so as to act as ballute like grid-fin/shuttlecock. Once open the upper stage departs and the first stage has a lot of surface area to slow—lower the legs and the CG perhaps.

Maybe landing turbojets drawing off residual kerosene. Small amounts of hypergolics in the plunger like legs so the harder it lands on said legs…the more thrust it plungers out to soften said landing automatically…no computer throttling needed.

That’s my RLV.

Doable, guys?

Last edited:

Flyaway

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Fact check again

Blue Origin
Orbital Flights NONE

SpaceX
Suborbital flights 90

Orbital hardware does exist in various forms. The BE-4s certainly do as though they are heavily delayed ULA should be getting them at the latest 2022.

MihoshiK

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Fact check again

Blue Origin
Orbital Flights NONE

SpaceX
Suborbital flights 90

Orbital hardware does exist in various forms. The BE-4s certainly do as though they are heavily delayed ULA should be getting them at the latest 2022.
I'll believe it when BO testfire one without rapid disassembly before 2022.

Michel Van

Reaction score
Current state of Blue origin...

Insider tell:
Bob Smith create a slow working bureaucratic Management that take 70% from budget and leave 30% for hardware development.
Allot workers quit because Smith way to run company, those are top Engineers of HLS and New Glenn and BE-4 engine programs !
This disrupt those Programs seriously

According anonymous sources at NASA do HLS Lawsuit will Blue Origin NEVER again consider as Main Contractor !
The Space Force not pay anymore for New Glenn R&D, but now invest in Falcon 9/Heavy.
Also is the Pentagon displeased about delay on BE-4 program for ULA Vulcan rocket.

Source:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpiWdLY3J1c&t=185s

Flyaway

Reaction score