With its big weapons bay could the Arrow have carried the big Hughes missile developed for the YF12A?

Yes. I've compared them 15 years ago, and they matches.
http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-47.html has AIM-47 length at slightly less than 13 ft, the Arrow bay was 16 ft. As for width, it could have carried two side by side. Three would be too tightly packled.

When I made my Hobbycraft Arrow in Imperial Iran (= Tomcat) AF livery, I dug small recesses into the CF-105 belly and put 4*AIM-47 there - two fore, two aft. There is length aplenty - the bird was HUGE. Wing pylons would be for drop tanks with Sparrows or Sidewinders on side pylons.

Needed a plane as big as the XF-108 to carry three. Apparently there was a folding-fin AIM-47B that would have allowed the F-12B to carry four.

Which records did it break? :confused:
Most nonsense spoken about any project?

TSR2 is the main competition.

Blame Randall Whitcomb for a lot of that siliness, for sure. Now there are also valuable people making honorable work (how good is Palmiro Campagna, incidentally ? seem that person has churned a lot of Arrow stuff over the last three decades... ?)

Thanks for the tip.

Where is Anigrand when you need them ? CF-105 seems to be perfectly in line with their catalog...

Hello All,
I have seen in some areas on this forum that there has been some things spoken of about the Avro Arrow. If anyone has any info, documents, pics, etc. that they would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated. I am currently trying to do a project on this and thought that maybe I could get some info off of here. Thanks to all that may post something! :) :)

Well, I have a copy of the Flight Manual for example. When you say "do a project" are we talking high school project or degree level project? What kind of detail are you after?

Attachments

• ArrowRequirement1.jpg
    ArrowRequirement1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 227
  • ArrowRequirement2.jpg
    ArrowRequirement2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 185
  • AvroArrow.jpg
    AvroArrow.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 247
Well, I have a copy of the Flight Manual for example. When you say "do a project" are we talking high school project or degree level project? What kind of detail are you after?
I am talking about High School project and I need lots of info. Thank you for those items too!

Last edited:
The Arrow has been modelled in diecast metal in 1/72 and was also turned into a 1/100 scale toy version.

Attachments

• 6176FOobbgL._AC_SL1274_.jpg
    6176FOobbgL._AC_SL1274_.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 244
After years of searching one of the free-flight Arrow models that were rocket launched over Lake Ontario has been located. The article shows a sonar image of the model and a picture of one of the Delta Test Vehicles that was recovered in 2017 being cleaned. The story goes into the difficulties of not only locating the artifact, but also recovering and restoring it to display condition.

Did you see the associated article:

All I can say is WTFo_Oo_Oo_O. Redesign the airframe, redesign the avionics, adopt or design a new engine and integrate the weapons all as a purely Canadian project!!!!!

Supposedly the cost estimates came out close to a Canadian F-35 buy, which makes me think the individuals who came up with those cost estimates were under the influence of something.

Arrow and TSR2 remain beautiful airframes but as weapon systems they were very expensive and somewhat flawed. Rather like ageing Rock bands they have followed us oldies from first to second childhood.

The Phantom is still providing stellar service to Japan, Iran, South Korea, Turkey...

On paper at least an Arrow with modern engines and radar would have good performance, F-15 at least. Alas, stealth it is not, by any mean.
Note that the Arrow analog FWB was quite similar to all Mirage 2000s and pre-block 50 F-16. A lot of them still in service worldwide.

But admitedly a 2012 rebuild make no sense at all.

The Phantom is still providing stellar service to Japan, Iran, South Korea, Turkey...

On paper at least an Arrow with modern engines and radar would have good performance, F-15 at least. Alas, stealth it is not, by any mean.
Note that the Arrow analog FWB was quite similar to all Mirage 2000s and pre-block 50 F-16. A lot of them still in service worldwide.

Just sort of turn and twist the look and you could maybe get it a bit more stealthy!

http://www.superarrow.ca/
If you look at this website it gives you a bit of an idea what the arrow could possibly look like now. It sort of looks like the Su 35 with the hump back! :)

I'm not sure what you mean by F-15 performance. I'm sure the Arrow could outrun the Eagle, but it was designed to shoot down Soviet Supersonic heavy bombers. However the Eagle could fly rings around it. Unless it's carrying true fire and forget missiles, it would be hard pressed to handle medium fighter bombers such as the various Sukhois, MiGs, and yes, Eagles that make up today's air forces.

" http://www.superarrow.ca/ ". They are a weird bunch but honestly, it seems to be a very cynical scam to acquire your money. They even acknowledge that one model is a butchered YF-23.

" Yeah, understood. It just boosts your imagination as to what it could look like today"!

1. We want to know about you, who you are, why you want one, what your occupation is, who you want to show it to and why?

2. The model does not leave Canadian soil.

Once cleared, each 1:48 scale is $750.00 CAD + $50.00 shipping/handling + GST.

Total: $840.00 CAD

1:32 scale is $1300.00 + $75.00 for shipping/handling + GST.

Total: $1443.75

Not so much for boosting anyone's imagination as to boosting their access to your money. Paranoia or trying to make out there is a serious likelihood of anything happening without billions of dollars and a huge change of government/government policy.

I'm sure there are folk out there in many countries making similar claims but they are probably securely housed.

"Our path is the unorthodox one, yet one in which we retain absolute security over our work. No information will be disclosed pertaining to any details regarding the Super Arrow Program…other than she is making very nice progress."

"...however for right now, we are going deeper into the Canadian shadows."

:D
Maybe this is a hint that Canada has a super secret Super Arrow factory hidden under North Pole, producing dozen/month .

Whatever it is I am pretty sure the truth is out there. Whether Scummy and Mouldy will be on the jopb is anyone's guess. OOOOOOOh, there be wailing aliens out there in the wilds.

For the sake of simplicity, why not buy the rights to the F-23 and call that Son of Arrow or something?

Last edited:
Meanwhile I wandered into my favourite BD comic bookshop in Brussels and found the answer....

Attachments

• Couv_336674.jpg
    Couv_336674.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 242
Meanwhile I wandered into my favourite BD comic bookshop in Brussels and found the answer....
LOL
And in reply to foo fighter, yeah I know what you mean. All I was looking at was the pics, not the content on the website. Your right, the owners probably are related to huawei!! :) LOL
Anyways, there isn't much point in hoping cause the government isn't that interesting in trying to defend Canada atm... Too busy arguing over guns, WE, and other useless things like that.

To my friends in Canada (home of my favourite animal, the Polar Bear, also available near Doncaster) I do feel your pain. I have several models of the Arrow (including RAF coloured ones). But relief is at hand these chaps get it too

Attachments

• 2b851451be1d4b2f3e04a1e0438926db.jpg
    2b851451be1d4b2f3e04a1e0438926db.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 273
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 291
To my friends in Canada (home of my favourite animal, the Polar Bear, also available near Doncaster) I do feel your pain. I have several models of the Arrow (including RAF coloured ones). But relief is at hand these chaps get it too
Nice pics! Yeah, well... That pic of the f18 and the arrow was taken a bit ago. Since that picture, they have lost interest in it, the arrow I mean.
Anyways, enjoy your polar bears in doncaster, uk 75. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by F-15 performance. I'm sure the Arrow could outrun the Eagle,

I'm not. What's the fastest the Arrow ever went?

I'm not sure what you mean by F-15 performance. I'm sure the Arrow could outrun the Eagle,

I'm not. What's the fastest the Arrow ever went?
Roughly mach 2.

The Arrow was planned for Mach 2.5 and has the titanium structure to withstand it. And the Iroquois promised to be immensely powerful. The Mach 1.96 speed run was with the J75s, climbing yet still accelerating: pilot Spud Potocki stopped it out of cautiousness.

Just sort of turn and twist the look and you could maybe get it a bit more stealthy!

If you look at this website it gives you a bit of an idea what the arrow could possibly look like now. It sort of looks like the Su 35 with the hump back! :)
I looked at the website. It's by people with a lot of time on their hands for people with too much money.

I looked at the website. It's by people with a lot of time on their hands for people with too much money.
Yeah... wouldnt buy anything from them personally....