High Res of Earth and Moon

FiuNuhBX0AIDA0z

the right Sound track to this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SpX8bVEmJo

one best Picture of mission

Fiqem2XaEAE8JSP

I like that picture of the Earth and the Moon together Michel Van, it is quite possibly the best photo released so far from the Orion cameras.
now this.... does put a smile on my face. this will become such an iconic photo for years to come.
glad we were here to see this moment in history

explain this then, flat earthers.

Last edited:
explain this then, flat earthers.

Well said Conspirator, well said. No doubt they will be rather speechless at present at the current images being shown from Artemis 1.
Not for long. A conspiracy theorist is someone who predicts that it will rain because of an evil conspiracy, and when it doesn't rain, it's proof that the evil conspiracy is on to them.

As for the pictures - clearly they're Hollywood special effects. Stanley Kubrick faked his death and now, his life prolonged by adrenochrome, he's running the entire 'space' programme from Area 51 on behalf of the Totalitarian Hegemony of Earth's Masters (THEM).

Take a flat earther into space? Nope, they'll just say that in space, light bends in a way that makes the earth look round.

I wish I could say that I was joking, but in all seriousness, flat earthers have proposed this:

"One logical possibility for those who are truly free thinkers is that space-time wraps around and we get a Pac-Man effect."

Essentially, Nesbit is arguing that each time you reach the end of the world, you are transported to the opposite end of the map, just like Pac-Man when he falls off the left side of the screen and immediately appears again on the right side.

Bonus: cats won't be able to push everything off the earth after all.

Last edited:
What I'd like to know is when is NASA going to release the camera footage from inside the interstage showing the separation of the ICPS and its' payload?

View: https://twitter.com/jimfree/status/1598402407704190976

We are GO to depart distant retrograde orbit. Today at 4:53 PM ET, @NASA_Orion will perform a burn to depart DRO and begin its journey back to Earth. We're covering the burn live at nasa.gov/live - Tune in starting at 4:30 PM ET.
View: https://twitter.com/nasakennedy/status/1598413595762520064

I Spy, but make it space fan edition: Inside of the @NASA_Orion spacecraft in 360 degrees

Before #Artemis I launched to the Moon, we captured content inside of Orion's crew module as an interactive 360 video. What payloads do you spy?

View: https://youtu.be/fhaWaGZJaCw

I suppose it will take Artemis-1 about three days to travel back to Earth after the final burn?

Last edited:
View: https://twitter.com/planet4589/status/1598436421701980166

The Artemis I Orion has completed its DRO departure burn, begun at 2153 UTC. The Orion is at apolune at about 86300 km from the Moon; it will now fall back to a close 136 km flyby at 1635 UTC Dec 5, where it will make the transearth injection burn.

View: https://twitter.com/planet4589/status/1598436846995906562

Orion is still in (loosely bound) lunar orbit; parameters about 130 x 108000 km. The burn at perilune will boost it to a lunar escape trajectory

View: https://twitter.com/jimfree/status/1599223159156342784

Today, we tested changing the minimum jet firing time for the reaction control thrusters on the @ESA-built European Service Module to model jet thruster firings that we'll use on #Artemis II. Read more about today's @NASA_Orion activities at

Artemis I Flight Day 18 – Orion Re-enters Lunar Sphere of Influence

On Flight Day 18, engineers also performed a development flight test objective that changed the minimum jet firing time for the reaction control thrusters over a period of 24 hours. This test objective is designed to exercise the reaction control system jets in a pre-planned sequence to model jet thruster firings that will be incorporated into the crewed Artemis II mission.

The test used the reaction control system (RCS) thrusters, built by ArianeGroup, on the European Service Module. All firings of RCS thrusters during the flight test to date have used those on the service module. Another set of 12 RCS thrusters, built by Aerojet Rocketdyne, are located on the crew module.

While the crew module thrusters will be tested a few days before Orion’s splashdown on Earth, their primary role takes place in the final hour before splashdown in the Pacific Ocean. After the crew module and service module separate the crew module’s RCS thrusters will be used to ensure the spacecraft is properly oriented for re-entry, with its heat shield pointed forward, and stable during descent under parachutes.

Orion will be out of communication with NASA’s Deep Space Network for about 4.5 hours from 7:40 p.m. CST to 12:00 a.m. while network teams reconfigure ground stations. The flight control team has adjusted the activity timeline, and there is no impact to the mission’s trajectory. Automated commands will guide the spacecraft during this period, and Orion will reacquire signal as it passes within range of the Canberra ground station.

Just after 4:30 p.m. CST on Dec. 3, Orion was traveling 221,630 miles from Earth and 40,086 miles from the Moon, cruising at 2,777 miles per hour.

Images from the mission are available on NASA’s Johnson Space Center Flickr account and Image and Video Library. When bandwidth allows, live views from Orion are available in real-time.

Author Shaneequa Vereen
Posted on December 3, 2022 7:18 pm
Categories Artemis I, NASA, Orion SpacecraftTags Artemis I

Shortly after acquiring signal with the Deep Space Network’s Canberra ground station at 12:41 a.m. CST, Orion experienced an issue with a power conditioning distribution unit (PCDU), in which four of the latching current limiters responsible for downstream power were switched off. These lower-level switches connect to the propulsion and heater subsystems. Teams confirmed the system was healthy and successfully repowered the downstream components. There was no interruption of power to any critical systems, and there were no adverse effects to Orion’s navigation or communication systems.

Might the discarded service module have some utility? Perhaps coming in so fast, it could it hit space debris from “above” and force it downwards to destruction.

View: https://youtu.be/tt0qV-qFIG8

Artemis II – European Service Module perspective

European Space Agency, ESA
5 Dec 2022

After the uncrewed Artemis I test flight, the Artemis II mission will have astronauts demonstrate what the Orion spacecraft – powered by a European Service Module – can do on its voyage around the Moon.

Two astronauts will fly on the second Artemis mission and take over controls to show how Orion handles at close-quarter flying. While in Earth orbit the spacecraft will detach from its second stage, fly away, turn around, approach the second stage and then fly away again – all using the European Service Module’s 33 thrusters.

Whereas in the first Artemis mission the second stage fired Orion into its lunar orbit, for the second mission it will be the European Service Module that will give the spacecraft its final push to its voyage around the Moon.

The crew will fly Orion to 8889 km beyond the Moon before completing a lunar flyby and returning to Earth. The mission will take a minimum of eight days and will collect valuable flight test data.

The European Service Module is one of ESA’s many contributions to NASA’s Orion spacecraft and the Artemis programme that will send astronauts to the Moon and beyond. It provides electricity, water, oxygen and nitrogen as well as keeping the spacecraft at the right temperature and on course.

The European Service Module has 33 thrusters, 11 km of electrical wiring, four propellant and two pressure tanks that all work together to supply propulsion and everything needed to keep astronauts alive far from Earth – there is no room for error.

That is excellent news, it will be interesting to see what happens during Orion's re-entry through the Earth's atmosphere. For me that is going to be the most fascinating part of the entire Artemis 1 mission.