Argentine Missile Projects

IMG_20211126_183028.jpg
rtr4kqlr.jpg
Being fired
(its also worth noting that the guiding pods were moved to a compartment in the nose, so it could use the other pylons)

Something that i might add to the Martin Pescador, certain books, magazines (from the time when the MP was doing its debut with the COAN) estimated or assumed that the missile was homologated or at least tested in the Super Etendards (SUE). Thing that...seems to be false. According to former COAN's personnel, this was never tried or at least there is no record of such thing happening.
Copia de a740305d766c29f477baaa46e77c5503.jpg
This idea of the MP on the SUE was probably influenced by foreginers seeing the MP next to a SUE in an expo or any other event.
IMG-7065-2.jpg
Still it could have been a strange thing to see, i guess useful for training, but as long as the Missile had that primitive guiding system...it wasn't a pretty good choice.

Argentinian PAT-1(Proyectil Argentino Teledirigido)anti ship missile ,PAT-2 was a cruise missile based on Germany V-1 missile .
The PAT-1 was not based on the V-1, but on the Henschel Hs-293, as is obvious when you compare them.

Attachments

• DE missile Henschel Hs-293A Rocket-Powered guided Glide Bomb schematic drawing.jpg
    DE missile Henschel Hs-293A Rocket-Powered guided Glide Bomb schematic drawing.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 23
Captura-de-pantalla-170.png

Probably the only image (this is a still from a video) showing an IA.58 carrying two Martin Pescador missiles. If i find the video, ill share it here.

Argentinian PAT-1(Proyectil Argentino Teledirigido)anti ship missile ,PAT-2 was a cruise missile based on Germany V-1 missile .
The PAT-1 was not based on the V-1, but on the Henschel Hs-293, as is obvious when you compare them.
My post and tweet are clear.
Let's go again:

PAT-1(Proyectil Argentino Teledirigido)was an anti ship missile, based on Henschel Hs-293

DtapOQHWkAEBciZ

PAT-2 was a cruise missile based on Germany V-1 missile .

DtapOhpWwAMNBrz

DtapPFxXgAAEbXu

Supposedly an official Argentine Air Force illustration of the Condor II

Source: "Operation Condor II - The Secret History of the Missile that Deactivated Menem", Daniel Santoro, February 1992

Condor II.jpg

Back
Top Bottom