Almaz-Antey S-500 Prometheus / 55R6M Triumphator-M / System 98Zh6M1

haavarla

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Well i have never seen such accelleration after the booster launch kicked off.. never!

So this is a new rocket engine, even if it uses older chassis or what not.
Impressive for the sheer size of it.
Yes i am aware of the overhype of said S-500.. but if you think about the current budget(around $60Bn) the last two years, the Russkies sure does make prospects/concepts turn into Complex's.. how they manage to do this idk:oops:

haavarla

Reaction score
Yes i saw that. But its a different beast. We don't know what kind of launch mechanism they used in those Silo's.. how deep they are etc
Is there a possibillity they use Mag-Rails propulsion(doubtfull i know..), or high Air pressure release?

But we can clearly see the S-500 missile kick off after the launch booster detach.
Its basicly from Zero and getgo.. and by that i have never seen anything like it!

Last edited:

haavarla

Reaction score
Fyi i live very close by this CIVILLIAN Research site:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6AdDj_8Rw4

I have whatched many different rockets launch, some quite large with a triple stage design. But keep in mind, their payload in term of weight are very light/small, imo a micro sattelite for lower orbit or upper stratosphere, for atmosphere research.

They go off fast, pretty similar in some cases, but its not the same, is it? Its different design and role.

Last edited:

TR1

Reaction score
Welcome to the S-500 era:

Just looks like a modernized S-300V on a wheeled chassis.

There is already Antei-4000, which is exactly what you are describing. Seems like missile tubes are considerably larger on this one:

wJOZpv_BIuw.jpg

TMA1

Reaction score
The s
Well i have never seen such accelleration after the booster launch kicked off.. never!

So this is a new rocket engine, even if it uses older chassis or what not.
Impressive for the sheer size of it.
Yes i am aware of the overhype of said S-500.. but if you think about the current budget(around $60Bn) the last two years, the Russkies sure does make prospects/concepts turn into Complex's.. how they manage to do this idk:oops:
Agreed. There are definitely a few areas and examples where Russians over hype their stuff (just watch combat approved, love the show but whoa man) but in a particular number of domains their kit is indeed hard to over hype. Remember delving pretty deeply into some of their jamming and surface to air missile complexes and damn. They are legit good in these and some other fields.

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Welcome to the S-500 era:

Just looks like a modernized S-300V on a wheeled chassis.

There is already Antei-4000, which is exactly what you are describing. Seems like missile tubes are considerably larger on this one:

wJOZpv_BIuw.jpg
Look a little closer. The missiles containers are virtually identical. They just look bigger because the rack that holds them is a little different.

TMA1

Reaction score
Don't know. Those launch tubes are different and I'd say s500 tubes are maybe 1.5 to two meters different in size. Just a guess though I'm probably falling into that liquid filled skinny tube/fat dish illusion lol

totoro

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I've scaled the two images up to same size of the truck.

While the diameter of the launch tubes seems to be the same (with s500 even having a few pixels narrower tube, but that's within the margin of error) the length of the tube is visibly different.
I am getting 390 pixels for the Abakan launcher (s300v) and as much as 455 pixels for the S500 launch tube.
I'd say that's well beyond the margin of measurement error.

That said, it may very well be that the 77n6 missile is somewhat based on the 9m82 missile and features a different/longer booster.

sferrin

Reaction score
Yep. Scaled the two up based on the distance between the hydraulic stabilizers. The wheels on the new vehicle are larger in diameter as well. Also the bases of the launch canisters have features at the four "corners" that look like they're designed to increase the area when resting on the ground. What few drawings there are seem to indicate the booster has been stretched at it's maximum diameter.

Capture123.JPG

missile.jpg

sferrin

Reaction score
1626875094164.png

This almost looks like it has folding fins at the back for additional stability. If the booster has been increased, as appears in the drawing in my last post, then that would move the CG towards the rear. Maybe they went with fins instead of thrust vectoring during boost? (Doesn't make sense to me either but watch the video carefully. Also, they blur out the best view which also doesn't make sense if it's just your basic cone.)