Aircraft by I.G.Alekseyev

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Igor G. Alekseyev, son of the painter Georgiya Alekseyev build two early ultralight aircraft: the IgA.1 "Blokhi" in 1924 and the IgA.2 in 1926. Do you have drawings and/or pics of this rare aircraft?

Thanks Maveric

Hi Maveric!
I can propose only highly retouched photo of one IgA-1 Blokha (Flea) version. This diminutive aircraft was built actually in 1924. It existed in different versions: mid-wing, high-wing, parasol-wing monoplanes, and a biplane. All of them had the same fuselage (only about 2.5 m length), 8-hp motorcycle J.A.P. engine (English production), and landing gear wheels were converted from bicycle ones. The young designer tried to test them by himself, but any of many takeoff attempts wasn't successful. Even famous pilot Konstantin Artseulov could perform only a little "jump flight".

Technical data:
Wing span - 4.5 m
Length - 3.0 m
Wing area - 5.0 m2
Empty weight - 65 kg
Takeoff weight - 130 kg

IgA-2 was actually built in 1926, and looked much more "competent" design. It was a biplane, 4.5 m long with 6.0 m wingspan; another data aren't known. The engine was the same (probably even the same example). This aircraft flew successfully but soon it was damaged and never repaired. Unfortunately no pictures.

Source: Shavrov V.B. History of aircraft designs in USSR before 1938. – Moscow, 1986 (3rd edition). – P.450-451, 703 (http://eroplan.boom.ru/shavrov/chr7/civil/light2.htm).

Attachments

• IgA-1.jpg
    IgA-1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 450
Thank you my dear Igor,

and here is anther little known ultra-light aircraft,designed by Igor G. Alekseyev,the IgA-1
was a monoplane powered by one 8 hp JAP V-twin engine,followed by IgA-1,which used
a small engine but larger,maybe both never flown,a pictures ?.