Thank you my dear Tuizentfloot,

and there is also D15 seaplane,do you know it ?.

Indeed, my dear Hesham, there was a "D15", but this wasn't a type designation, but the German Navy registration of one of those Otto designs built by AGO. Hereby a photograph of the D15 I found on the internet some time ago (but where?).
The German Navy registrations till number 24 were preceded by D (Doppeldecker) or E (Eindecker).
From the AGO company there was also D7, another Otto type, and D19, an Avro 503 copy.

Attachments

• D15.jpg
    D15.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 162
On the D15, what are the 2 cylindrical objects below the wing? auxiliary floats?

Your source for the photo could be the article at "flying machines": http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft28888.htm

Not sure, that they were actually below the wing. The spacing and the fact, that there were two
of them, could indicate, that they were positioned under the twin booms, or better struts of the tail.

I think Jemiba is right.
I found the following in Schwipps, Schwerer als Luft - Die Frühzeit der Flugtechnik in Deutschland (1984), p. 222: "Mit seinen Bodenseetypen war Ago dann im folgenden Jahr beim Vergleichsfliegen auf der Marine-Versuchsstation Putzig in der Danziger Bucht erfolgreich. Auch hier handelte es sich noch um einen herkömmlichen Gitterrumpf-Doppeldecker mit hinterliegendem Motor und zwei Hauptschwimmern sowie zwei kleinen Stützschwimmern unter dem Leitwerk".
Other Ago seaplanes had only one auxiliary float under the tail.

And here a photograph of a variant with a single auxiliary float under the tail.
It is the amphibian variant at the 1913 Bodenseeflug.
Source: Schmitt & Schwipps, 20 Kapitel frühe Luftfahrt (1990), p. 123.

Attachments

• AGO 1913 Bodensee.JPG
    AGO 1913 Bodensee.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 433
Hi,

as I know,there was a version of C.VII called C.VIII,and not related to C.VIII/D.I ?.

http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft25469.htm

I don't understand, the reference http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft25469.htm concerns the AEG C VIII and D I...

Tuizentfloot said:
I don't understand, the reference http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft25469.htm concerns the AEG C VIII and D I...

Oh sorry,I wanted AEG topic.

This one is identified as " AGO C V " ( 220 hp Benz Bz 4) in the "German combat planes" by Ray Wagner & Heinz Nowarra .

Attachments

• Numériser 15.jpeg
    Numériser 15.jpeg
    494.8 KB · Views: 271
Both C V and C VI were develloped from the C IV: C V with a singele N strut, and C VI with two parallel struts.

Hi,

was there an aircraft called AGO W.II ?.

NO.
Source: Bruno Lange, Typenhandbuch der deutschen Luftfahrt

Maveric said:
NO.
Source: Bruno Lange, Typenhandbuch der deutschen Luftfahrt

Thank you my dear Maveric,and I will check.

As such unknown to me. What are your sources? AGO built a number of unnamed floatplanes before WWI (own designs, Otto design, and also an Avro 503 copy). Maybe a (fake?) designation of one of those floatplanes???

Thank you my dear Tuizentfloot,

and I don't remember,maybe that's the source;

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/List_of_aircraft_(0-A).html

Naturally, on the internet one can find anything. And Wikipedia is not the most reliable source. I have my doubts.

Tuizentfloot said:
Naturally, on the internet one can find anything. And Wikipedia is not the most reliable source. I have my doubts.

OK my dear Tuizentfloot.

In Czech Museum,

there was a strange airplanes for AGO,they were; AII,AIII & A20,what was those ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 58
In this book (Herwig/Rode, Luftwaffe Secret Projects: Ground Attack & Special Purpose Aircraft) there is mention of the Ao-225 Kampfzerstörer which today is called Close Air Support. It was a project in 1937 against the FP-30 tender. Derived from the Ao-192 and competing with the Arado Ar E-561/Ar 240 and Me-210. It was equipped with a remote drivetrain allowing multiple powerplants. It was abandoned in favor of Me-210 and Ar-240. I have pics but it is from a commercial book, so not open to public posting

What kind of publication is "Czech museum" in this and other postings? Is it from the archives of the Národní technické muzeum in Prague? Indeed a number of strange designations, in all probability for otherwise known airplanes.

Yes my dear Tuizentfloot,a

and here it's.

Attachments

• 747_GI.pdf
    515.5 KB · Views: 33
After amazing explanation of my dear Tuizentfloot about Otto Aircraft,

Monoplane (1910) – covered fuselage; 1 x Daimler D4F, 55 hp
Monoplane (1910) – uncovered fuselage; 1 x Daimler D4F, 55 hp
Biplane (1910) – Farman copy; 1 x Otto, 100 hp; also Gnôme
Bayerischer Militärdoppeldecker BM (1911) – Farman copy; 1 x Argus, 100 hp; also Otto or Daimler
Sports monoplane (1911) – “Renneindecker”; covered fuselage; 1 x Gnôme
Biplane (1911) – lower wing on the uncovered fuselage; engine in the nose, 1 x Argus 70 hp
Biplane (1911) – lower wing beneath the uncovered fuselage; engine in the nose, 1 x Argus 70 hp
Sports biplane (1911) – “Renndoppeldecker” three-bay biplane with covered fuselage, 1 x 1 x Otto, 100 hp
Monoplane in Taube style (1912) – 1 x Otto, 100 hp
Standard Otto biplane (1912) – pusher propeller; open fuselage with covered nacelle; different variants, also built by Pfalz; 1 x Otto, 100 hp; also Daimler
Monoplane for “Rund um Berlin” (1913) - 1 x Otto, 100 hp
Land-Wasserdoppledecker (1913) – Standard Otto biplane on floats; 1 x Argus, 150 hp; also Otto
Militärdoppeldecker (1913) – pusher propeller; open fuselage with covered nacelle; 1 x Otto, 100 hp; also Daimler
B-Typ (1914) – two-bay biplane trainer; 1 x Rapp, 150 hp
B-Typ (1914) – three-bay biplane, 1 x Daimler-Mercedes D III; rather a C type
C I (1914) – pusher propeller; central nacelle and twin booms; 1 x Benz Bz III, 150 hp
C II (1915) – two-bay biplane; 1 x Daimler-Mercedes D III; also Benz Bz III

We can add for Ago list;

A.II,A.III,A.20,B,C.I,C.II,C.III,C.IV,C.IV,C.VI,C.VII,C.VIII,C.IX,School Trainer,Pusher Seaplane Trainer,Biplane seaplane,Arrow Biplane,Tractor Biplane Trainer, Tractor Biplane Floatplane Trainer,School biplane II,E.I,S,S.I,DV.3,D Recce ?,W,W.II,F-1 Seaplane,R-Project

After amazing explanation of my dear Tuizentfloot about Otto Aircraft,

Monoplane (1910) – covered fuselage; 1 x Daimler D4F, 55 hp
Monoplane (1910) – uncovered fuselage; 1 x Daimler D4F, 55 hp
Biplane (1910) – Farman copy; 1 x Otto, 100 hp; also Gnôme
Bayerischer Militärdoppeldecker BM (1911) – Farman copy; 1 x Argus, 100 hp; also Otto or Daimler
Sports monoplane (1911) – “Renneindecker”; covered fuselage; 1 x Gnôme
Biplane (1911) – lower wing on the uncovered fuselage; engine in the nose, 1 x Argus 70 hp
Biplane (1911) – lower wing beneath the uncovered fuselage; engine in the nose, 1 x Argus 70 hp
Sports biplane (1911) – “Renndoppeldecker” three-bay biplane with covered fuselage, 1 x 1 x Otto, 100 hp
Monoplane in Taube style (1912) – 1 x Otto, 100 hp
Standard Otto biplane (1912) – pusher propeller; open fuselage with covered nacelle; different variants, also built by Pfalz; 1 x Otto, 100 hp; also Daimler
Monoplane for “Rund um Berlin” (1913) - 1 x Otto, 100 hp
Land-Wasserdoppledecker (1913) – Standard Otto biplane on floats; 1 x Argus, 150 hp; also Otto
Militärdoppeldecker (1913) – pusher propeller; open fuselage with covered nacelle; 1 x Otto, 100 hp; also Daimler
B-Typ (1914) – two-bay biplane trainer; 1 x Rapp, 150 hp
B-Typ (1914) – three-bay biplane, 1 x Daimler-Mercedes D III; rather a C type
C I (1914) – pusher propeller; central nacelle and twin booms; 1 x Benz Bz III, 150 hp
C II (1915) – two-bay biplane; 1 x Daimler-Mercedes D III; also Benz Bz III

We can add for Ago list;

A.II,A.III,A.20,B,C.I,C.II,C.III,C.IV,C.IV,C.VI,C.VII,C.VIII,C.IX,School Trainer,Pusher Seaplane Trainer,Biplane seaplane,Arrow Biplane,Tractor Biplane Trainer, Tractor Biplane Floatplane Trainer,School biplane II,E.I,S,S.I,DV.3,D Recce ?,W,W.II,F-1 Seaplane,R-Project

From, Otto, AGO, and BFW Aircraft of WWI.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1 MB · Views: 24
I am not sure about this designation,or built under licence ?,

G.IV was a two-seat recce biplane of 1917 ?.

Do you have a source? This 'G/IV' designation is seen as an online typo for the AGO C.IV - "a two-seat recce biplane of 1917".

It's not C.IV,in the source,the C.IV was from 1916 and G.IV from 1917.

Kites, Birds & Stuff - Aircraft of German A to D.

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom