A head scratcher...

armen

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
BATTAR

Does anyone have any information about this vehicle?

reverse image search says it's a m113 with twin 106 mms from Pakistan.
yeah ik but i cant seem to find any information more than that.
this is also the only picture of this "BATTAR" vehicle that i can find...
there is a look alike, but its not the same

I read from a random guy that it might have a LRF for the guns but there's literally no source for anything

FWIW, apparently, this POF-modified vehicle was referred to locally ast the 'M113A2 Mk-1'. That said, the snip below says that the base vehicle in the photos was an imported M113A1 rather than a Pakistani-assembled M113A2 hull.

From here: https://web.archive.org/web/2008020...def.info/pakmilitary/army/tanks/armoured.html

Pakistan Ordnance Factories have also developed a twin 106 mm recoilless rifle mount which, for trials purposes, has been fitted onto an M113A1 APC of the Pakistani Army. The system also integrates a laser rangefinder into the existing sight of the 106 mm recoilless rifle to replace the elbow telescope. This allows the range to be displayed for the gunner in the sighting optic, which means that he can apply the superelevation and fire without having to look at another instrument. The effective range of the recoilless rifles is 1,500 m. The locally produced vehicle is called the M113A2 Mk-1 in Pakistan Army service and is almost identical to the US M113 except that the 12.7 mm M2 machine gun has been replaced by a 12.7 mm Type 59 machine gun manufactured by Pakistan Ordnance factories. An anti-tank version of the M113A2 Mk-1 has recently been introduced into service and this is fitted with the locally designed Baktar Shikan anti-tank guided weapon which is very similar to the Chinese Red Arrow 8 system which entered production in 1987.